Quotes from the Charlton no life forum

I hope he is ok. I know he wasn't everyone's cup of tea but he came across to me like a nice enough bloke and was very knowledgeable about many things. Maybe the lockdown and other pressures has got to him? If so, I genuinely hope he recovers and comes back sometime in the future.
Yeah same

I enjoyed Moody's posts. Apart from his stat wankery being up there with the best, he was also good for a piss take and a good laugh.

Shame really. With the different user names appearing, it seems the dear boy has lost the plot a tad. All the MO fame and adulation must have got too hot to handle, so he ran off and joined a factory....Oh well, next...
😂

He got rid of the one where he admitted who he really was and started going on about people not liking him on here and not fitting in on here.
That's one of the ones/the one I missed. He often would go on about not being liked and that people have a problem with him. It was very precious, a bit narcissistic and very much over the top. I sometimes got the Impression that he liked the Idea of being his own victim. He's done a disappearing act before because of It. I don't know why he feels like that because for a start he never got half the grief Bazlion got on one thread alone recently. The only thing I can think of why some don't warm to him Is that he was keen to assert people were wrong and ,however unintentionally, could come across as superior and condescending with It. That's never an attractive trait.

I think with Moody, he wasn't happy with his points being challenged, (who would have thought that from a teacher?). Reguardless of If they were outlandish (cars will be gone In the next 20 years) or against the grain of reality (people didn't have It tough In the 60's 70's and 80's) he seemed to take any divergence of Idea or opinion from his as a personal slur and he more than once blamed peoples levels of comprehension on here when It didn't go his way. I think It all boils down to not being able to take a joke or being on the receiving end of some mockery. If you can't take a joke, you will struggle with the fact that people believe some of your beliefs are wrong.

For what It's worth I clocked it was a joke poster as soon as I read It and I actually thought It was quite good. It was clearly mocking Charlton and not us, Such-a-ddicks, and done rightly and sparingly It could have been a sense of amusement for a good while. As It Is, fuck knows how we got to the point where It seems people have turned and Moody Is going the way of Adam and all the others. Hopefully, this can calm Itself down and he will continue posting.

Last edited:
That's one of the ones/the one I missed. He often would go on about not being liked and that people have a problem with him. It was very precious, a bit narcissistic and very much over the top. He's done a disappearing act before because of It. I don't know why he feels like that because for a start he never got half the grief Bazlion got on one thread alone recently. The only thing I can think of why some don't warm to him Is that he was keen to assert people were wrong and could be superior and condescending with It. That's never an attractive trait.

I think with Moody, he wasn't happy with his points being challenged, (who would have thought that from a teacher?). Reguardless of If they were outlandish (cars will be gone In the next 20 years) or against the grain of reality (people didn't have It tough In the 60's 70's and 80's) he seemed to take any divergence of Idea or opinion from his as a personal slur and he more than once blamed peoples levels of comprehension on here when It didn't go his way. I think It all boils down to not being able to take a joke or being on the receiving end of some mockery. If you can't take a joke, you will struggle with the fact that people believe some of your beliefs are wrong.

For what It's worth I clocked it was a joke poster as soon as I read It and I actually thought It was quite good. It was clearly mocking Charlton and not us, Such-a-ddicks, and done rightly and sparingly It could have been a sense of amusement for a good while. As It Is, fuck knows how we got to the point where It seems people have turned and Moody Is going the way of Adam and all the others.
a lot of intelligent people cannot handle the logic of people and find difficulty in relating to humour as it does not compute in their world

Excatly. He wasn't out to Insult people or talk bollocks. He Is In fact a smart man, a proper wall fan, and someone who contributed well to this forum, even If he did go on about Charlton a bit much. His match day A to Z's and quizzes were very good for a start. No one really said a bad word about him, (no more than the rest) so why he feels he can't get on on here Is beyond me.

Moody, change your name to happy and come back to us.
Agree 100%

Anyway, back to the subject of the thread. Had a little nose on No Life this morning to have my daily laugh at the dribbling fools.
Apparently Danish Dave said he initially wanted to get 20k fans streaming their games during lockdown (they’re currently on 6k). How optimistic was 20k ? Bearing in mind multiple family members will watch the same stream?
I genuinely think DD looked at their previous fake attendances before he bought them and actually believed he was buying some big club with a large and passionate fan base.
My god what a come down this fellas going to have when fans are allowed back in.

Anyway, back to the subject of the thread. Had a little nose on No Life this morning to have my daily laugh at the dribbling fools.
Apparently Danish Dave said he initially wanted to get 20k fans streaming their games during lockdown (they’re currently on 6k). How optimistic was 20k ? Bearing in mind multiple family members will watch the same stream?
I genuinely think DD looked at their previous fake attendances before he bought them and actually believed he was buying some big club with a large and passionate fan base.
My god what a come down this fellas going to have when fans are allowed back in.
That didn't last long.

You'll have to try again In a bit.

Surely you can come up with something better than that?
As a teacher would say...In fact, probably someone like Moody...
"must try harder".

:grinning: