Question for Whisky (& any other stats fans)

Only four English players started for Millwall last night. I know our heritage is Scottish (I think)
But what is the least number of English players we’ve ever started a match with since we left the Island?
Not sure. But a curious observation: on Saturday, when Romeo went off with his eye injury we were represented by 11 white players. By contrast, Albion had nine out ten outfield players who were black.

LeonC

Not sure. But a curious observation: on Saturday, when Romeo went off with his eye injury we were represented by 11 white players. By contrast, Albion had nine out ten outfield players who were black.
I clocked that and thought I bet we are the only club out of 92 and I bet some left wing journalist will use it as a racism card.

According to “Flash Scores” out of a squad of 25 players 14 of them are English, 4 Irish, 1 each are from Scotland, Wales & Northern Ireland and 4 are from fields further away (Ok, so I don’t know which country flags are which) Slightly confused by the fact that Romeo is obviously English but plays under another banner

According to “Flash Scores” out of a squad of 25 players 14 of them are English, 4 Irish, 1 each are from Scotland, Wales & Northern Ireland and 4 are from fields further away (Ok, so I don’t know which country flags are which) Slightly confused by the fact that Romeo is obviously English but plays under another banner
When Mahlon realised he had no chance of breaking into the England set-up, he threw his hat in with Antigua and Barbuda.

Although, his dad was born in Hornsey, which could throw some light on the situation.

:grinning:

Only four English players started for Millwall last night. I know our heritage is Scottish (I think)
But what is the least number of English players we’ve ever started a match with since we left the Island?
OG v Southend 13 August 1994. If you go on country affiliation and not by birth place Millwall fielded the following Keller (US) Cunningham (ROI) Thatcher (latterly Welsh) May (Eng) T McCarthy (ROI) Roberts (Eng) Savage (ROI) Rae (Scot) Mitchell (Aust) Goodman (latterly ROI) Kennedy (ROI). One of ths subs used John Kerr was Canadian born but represented the USA. On this assumption Millwall had just two ''English'' players Andy May and Andy Roberts who along with Thatcher and Goodman were born in England while Dave Mitchell was hatched in Scotland.

In season 1972/73 Millwall fielded 11 English born players at Blackpool. That season they used just 17 players in all comps. 15 English 1 Irish and 1 South African.

In the first game of the S. L. in 1898/99 Millwall started with 8 Scots.

OG v Southend 13 August 1994. If you go on country affiliation and not by birth place Millwall fielded the following Keller (US) Cunningham (ROI) Thatcher (latterly Welsh) May (Eng) T McCarthy (ROI) Roberts (Eng) Savage (ROI) Rae (Scot) Mitchell (Aust) Goodman (latterly ROI) Kennedy (ROI). One of ths subs used John Kerr was Canadian born but represented the USA. On this assumption Millwall had just two ''English'' players Andy May and Andy Roberts who along with Thatcher and Goodman were born in England while Dave Mitchell was hatched in Scotland.

In season 1972/73 Millwall fielded 11 English born players at Blackpool. That season they used just 17 players in all comps. 15 English 1 Irish and 1 South African.

In the first game of the S. L. in 1898/99 Millwall started with 8 Scots.
I went for three - so only one out.

............ Rotherwall, are you Whisky's nephew?

Have you ever kissed a woman?

:grinning:

Members online