Prince Phillip

Frank 1960

I've a bad feeling he won't come out of hospital, I've just read he's been not to well over last six months,and I bet me house on it he has visitors, yet covid visits are cancelled, one rule comes to mind .!!!!!

midway lion

I don't know Pauli, how would a state funeral be held at the moment.?
They do love a big get-together though,
And it would give Boris a chance to look statesman like.

MrRodcott

funny you say that one of my sisters said near enough the same word for word as this and has stuck by it ever since it happened.

very strange day that was the day of her funeral
That funeral and the general hysteria surrounding her death was the beginning of my falling out of love with this country. Cringeworthy behaviour by so many - I didn’t know whether to be angry or embarrassed (settled for both in the end).

wellerwasbest

That funeral and the general hysteria surrounding her death was the beginning of my falling out of love with this country. Cringeworthy behaviour by so many - I didn’t know whether to be angry or embarrassed (settled for both in the end).
Yeah a lot of people say it was the start of a lot of fakeness and over the top actions
I was working in central London during that time and have told this story a few times i was on the train going to sheerness(yeah i know) and there were 3 middle aged ladies who spent the whole Journey talking and arguing who was the most upset at Dis death which was a few days previous
"Yeah i can understand you were upset but not as upset as i was" " "I can accept and understand that but i was REALLY upset , i was in a dream for days just ask Dave when you see him"
The other "yeah but"
And on and on and on it went, like a competition for who was the most upset
The toes were curling a little i can tell you

MrRodcott

Yeah a lot of people say it was the start of a lot of fakeness and over the top actions
I was working in central London during that time and have told this story a few times i was on the train going to sheerness(yeah i know) and there were 3 middle aged ladies who spent the whole Journey talking and arguing who was the most upset at Dis death which was a few days previous
"Yeah i can understand you were upset but not as upset as i was" " "I can accept and understand that but i was REALLY upset , i was in a dream for days just ask Dave when you see him"
The other "yeah but"
And on and on and on it went, like a competition for who was the most upset
The toes were curling a little i can tell you
I remember some dickhead being interviewed at the time and he said he was more upset by Diana Spencer snuffing it than the recent death of his father! Ludicrous mass hysteria which was (unfortunately) the first real sign I’d had of the snowflake mind set. Gone into fucking hyperdrive ever since.

Stompie

I'm more concerned with how much I have to pay for a train and a beer.

The Royal Family. The only pensioners It's fair game to abuse.

Frank 1960

The Royal Family bring vast wealth into the Country for the Politicians to abuse, just as they do with our Tax money, who would you prefer, self serving politicians or a woman who has dedicated her life to her role 24 hours a day seven days a week ???
These self serving parasites need bringing to book for their shameful ways and as you say I've never seen one bad bit press about the queen, but the thorn in her side is Andrew