Premier League

The_Doc

Just watched Palace - I'm starting to think more and more that I don't want us promoted.. What a complete bunch of mong like cunts.
I started watching that game. But in a match supposedly against 2 of the best footballing sides in that league, I was bored stupid and turned it off after about 10 minutes. Decided to watch a women walking through Yorkshire on bbc4. Much more stimulating.

Peckham Lion

Obviously a good league but how good? I am watching City literally toy with Burnley, Absolute masterclass, Would anyone really want to see us up against team who could make us look like a pub side.
Take away the top 2 teams plus 3 others and it would no different to the championship. Take out 2/3 decent players from the rest and i'd wager it would be championship football all but in name. Dyche's style of football is ineffective in todays game, they will go down this or next season. As for would i like to see us get what would feel like a humiliation for both us and the players, no chance mate and whats the point if you can't compete on or off the pitch, obviously not our fans :grinning:

Millwall-84

I started watching that game. But in a match supposedly against 2 of the best footballing sides in that league, I was bored stupid and turned it off after about 10 minutes. Decided to watch a women walking through Yorkshire on bbc4. Much more stimulating.
Watching Dianne Abbott simultaneously getting punched in the boat would be even more stimulating mate.

Really can't stand that Cunt

Chris George

did she get nonced or did she make it through safely.

HappyLion

Obviously a good league but how good? I am watching City literally toy with Burnley, Absolute masterclass, Would anyone really want to see us up against team who could make us look like a pub side.

Eh well, yes actually. Bit of cash in the tucker bag and get to give OB a headache at national level. :thumbup:

Moody

Watched some of it.

Was completely bored. Was like watching a Sunday League match in terms of competitiveness, ie when you get a team full of 30-40 year old semi-pro players playing a bunch of beer monsters and mates, who only played at school level.

The atmosphere reflected that too.

Can't imagine a Burnley v Manchester City game being played at night in such a sterile atmosphere in any other era up to the 1990s.

Irish Millwall

Take away the top 2 teams plus 3 others and it would no different to the championship. Take out 2/3 decent players from the rest and i'd wager it would be championship football all but in name. Dyche's style of football is ineffective in todays game, they will go down this or next season. As for would i like to see us get what would feel like a humiliation for both us and the players, no chance mate and whats the point if you can't compete on or off the pitch, obviously not our fans :grinning:
Yeah, you're about right there, I'd say. If you look at the teams who come down from the Premiership, they often keep most of their squad from the year before and they don't exactly light up the Championship. How many ex-Premier players do Stoke or Huddersfield have, for example?

CaptainCharisma

Couldnt give a toss from a footballing perspective, we'd raise our game for many teams and have a good go but wouldnt expect us to survive,

More keen and seeing our lot run riot at these soulless grounds and shit up these modern fans, would put so many noses out of joint.

Peckham Lion

More keen and seeing our lot run riot at these soulless grounds and shit up these modern fans, would put so many noses out of joint.
I don't think that would happen. If you think we get the special treatment from the ob now what do you imagine it would be like in the prem? A league shown worldwide wouldn't stand for us playing up, we'd be filmed, wrapped up and scruitinised everywhere we went. The tabloids that live off of sky tv's money would be doing a hatchet job on us every week.