Players who scored for different clubs

wellerwasbest

Against Millwall at the Den New and Old ?
How many can you think of

Reason i thought of this earlier today i got rid of a load of books and mags , the bloke who picked them up stayed for about half an hour talking
During the conversation he mentioned he was related to Kerry Dixon at one time by marriage

I said to him he played for millwall for a while at the end of his career and i support them, and I THINK he has scored the most goals against us, well in living memory/post war and for two different clubs clubs Chelsea and Reading with a couple of hat tricks in that lot as well
Obviously ref above unless anyone knows other wise

But i dont think he scored for Reading at the Den , it was the old Elm Park
Get the grey matter going

John Aldridge Liverpool & Tranmmere Old Den

Alan West Burnley & Luton ?

I dont have records of opposition scorers, im sure others about
infact , sado hat on would be interested to see a list of players who have scored for the opposition, i know that Gazza site has details of some seasons

what about the most famous ? Would that possibly be Ronaldo ? Cup Final
Jimmy Greaves , or the German v Servette friendly ?

what about the most gutted you were a Ex wall player who left and then scored against us ?
i can tell you one Anton "outhouse"( ) for Palace away for me, felt sick when he scored from a free kick

Last edited:

Wippa

Armstrong when he scored right near the end of the game at palace for them against us, gutted me.

rotherwall

John McGinlay scored twice against us for Bolton & Oldham (his first goal for them), Peter Burridge for Palace in 1964. There's two to be getting along with, both at The Den

Last edited:

whiskylion

Can't quite follow what you are trying to ask, Weller. You are jumping about all over the place. Alan West would not have been able to score at the New Den as he retired long before the new ground was built.

Not sure about at The Den. But the players who scored for different clubs against us are legion.

Dixie McNeil for Hereford and Wrexham, Rodney Fern for Leicester and Rotherham and Barry Bridges for Birmingham and QPR spring to mind without breaking sweat.

Mark Lazarus even scored for three clubs against us, I'm pretty sure: Palace, QPR and Orient.

Haven't got time (or inclination) to check which grounds.

Last edited:

wellerwasbest

Can't quite follow what you are trying to ask, Weller. You are jumping about all over the place. Alan West would not have been able to score at the New Den as he retired long before the new ground was built.

Not sure about at The Den. But the players who scored for different clubs against us are legion.

Dixie McNeil for Hereford and Wrexham, Rodney Fern for Leicester and Rotherham and Barry Bridges for Birmingham and QPR spring to mind without breaking sweat.

Mark Lazarus even scored for three clubs against us, I'm pretty sure: Palace, QPR and Orient.

Haven't got time (or inclination) to check which grounds.
"the Den New and Old" as i stated

I know ref to Alan west was the old den reason i put old Den

Pretty sure aint good enough ha

And at the old Den i dont think Lazarus scored for orient
I may be wrong, Brisbane road yes

"Not sure about at The Den. But the players who scored for different clubs against us are legion"

Yes but that was not what i was looking for
------------------------------------------------------------------------

Yeah maybe did not word it very well, one of the bad habits ive picked up with this lock up drinking far too much JDs
ha just realised the irony with that comment and who I'm talking to
Run out of ice as well hic

Last edited:

Wippa

"the Den New and Old" as i stated

I know ref to Alan west was the old den reason i put old Den

Pretty sure aint good enough ha

And at the old Den i dont think Lazarus scored for orient
I may be wrong, Brisbane road yes

"Not sure about at The Den. But the players who scored for different clubs against us are legion"

Yes but that was not what i was looking for
------------------------------------------------------------------------

Yeah maybe did not word it very well, one of the bad habits ive picked up with this lock up drinking far too much JDs
ha just realised the irony with that comment and who I'm talking to
Run out of ice as well hic
JD’s?? Ice??? You’ll be going on whiskys black list 😆