Petrol and diesel RIP

Axholme Lion

Well the latest masterstroke from Boris the buffoon, or should that read his bint who is pulling the strings at the moment, is nine years time and no more petrol and diesel cars! Nine years will be gone before you know it! As someone who works in the parts supply side of car repairs this is a worry to me. The only profit of any significance we make is from service work which will disappear. My advice would be to hang on to your current motor for a while and then buy the best petrol engine car you can in 2029. They really are doing their best not to be re-elected at the next GE.

HappyLion

This rush to electric is madness as people will find out in ten years time once its all done and has not changed the climate warming at all..

bramcoteboy62

It’s boris. It means nothing. He just says words like: moonshot, world beating system etc etc and nothing happens. He’ll be shagging his kids mates in 2030 so I wouldn’t worry about this

Moody

Let’s be honest, the combustion engine has hardly changed in a century, because the car industry has no incentive to change. Now it does. Ten years is a pretty long time in terms of how fast technology moves these days. In fact, that is a good comparison, think about how much a car engine has changed since the 1960s to now and compare how much technology has changed in same period. Actually, do the same for the 1990s...

Agree re the infrastructure, but considering millions of people will be losing their jobs to AI and algorithms soon, plus just down to a shift in how we work / shop etc. then it’s probably a good thing that we have a new industry opening up - to design, build and maintain thousands and thousands of charge points etc. Rather than working in a call centre or selling clothes, young people could be doing that instead. Plus, they got petrol stations built pretty damn quick when they needed to.

Bobwat

At least we won't have to give our money to the arabs for oil.
We will end up using all of the oil for oil powered power stations to increase electricity supply capacity. The emissions will probably stay the same or even increase..!
We really are surrounded by a bunch of clowns in politics. I heard the joint leader of The Green Party talking to Nick Ferrari this morning and he admitted that he drove a Chrysler Grand Voyager. How do these clowns get into politics..?

Last edited:

Phlion54

This rush to electric is madness as people will find out in ten years time once its all done and has not changed the climate warming at all..
What I dont understand is where & how all this extra electricity is coming from,coal fired stations ,nuke power stations , wind ?..... The increase will be massive & what will be the unit price ?...sounds like someone going to make a lot of money.....no doubt the air will be cleaner as long as you don't live near a power station

Bobwat

The oil suppliers will make sure that deals are agreed to build loads of oil powered power stations. Money talks and politicians are happy to oblige.

bramcoteboy62

What I dont understand is where & how all this extra electricity is coming from,coal fired stations ,nuke power stations , wind ?..... The increase will be massive & what will be the unit price ?...sounds like someone going to make a lot of money.....no doubt the air will be cleaner as long as you don't live near a power station

Someone meaning one of boris, Hancock, Jenrick, Williamson, Cummings et al mates. I need to figure out how to become mates with one of these mongs so I can get myself a private jet in return for a sham govt contract

Ilderton Wanderer

At this precise moment very few people give a shit about this issue. Only well off rich cunts with a guilt complex like Carrie who don’t have to worry about where their next pound note is coming from care about it. Boris didn’t get the majority he did off of millions of working class people for them to listen to bollocks like this, it reminds me of when the other silly cunt Cameron went huski riding in the Antarctic.

Right now we can’t go to restaurants, to the boozer, see friends, see our families, go football, have any kind of interaction with other people, we can’t go out and buy clothes, get our hair cut, go on holiday and neither do a lot of us know if we are going to have a job in six months or a year, that’s if you haven’t been laid off already. Suicides are up, mental health is suffering, our old and infirm are locked up, hospital care for all conditions are lagging dangerously behind and on top of all that the economy is going off a fucking cliff like never before.

These are the issues the dopey cunt should be addressing first rather than bowing down to the entitled extinction rebellion type freaks who quite frankly deserve a fucking good hiding in my opinion.

champs08

Let’s be honest, the combustion engine has hardly changed in a century, because the car industry has no incentive to change. Now it does. Ten years is a pretty long time in terms of how fast technology moves these days. In fact, that is a good comparison, think about how much a car engine has changed since the 1960s to now and compare how much technology has changed in same period. Actually, do the same for the 1990s...

Agree re the infrastructure, but considering millions of people will be losing their jobs to AI and algorithms soon, plus just down to a shift in how we work / shop etc. then it’s probably a good thing that we have a new industry opening up - to design, build and maintain thousands and thousands of charge points etc. Rather than working in a call centre or selling clothes, young people could be doing that instead. Plus, they got petrol stations built pretty damn quick when they needed to.
Agree.

I can see McDonalds and other drive throughs becoming energy providers. Order you McDonalds from inside your car, plug in the motor for a charge - eat your food and drive off.

Moody

Agree.

I can see McDonalds and other drive throughs becoming energy providers. Order you McDonalds from inside your car, plug in the motor for a charge - eat your food and drive off.

Being realistic... I doubt many people will own a ‘car’ in the 2030s onwards. Certainly not young people.

Axholme Lion

At this precise moment very few people give a shit about this issue. Only well off rich cunts with a guilt complex like Carrie who don’t have to worry about where their next pound note is coming from care about it. Boris didn’t get the majority he did off of millions of working class people for them to listen to bollocks like this, it reminds me of when the other silly cunt Cameron went huski riding in the Antarctic.

Right now we can’t go to restaurants, to the boozer, see friends, see our families, go football, have any kind of interaction with other people, we can’t go out and buy clothes, get our hair cut, go on holiday and neither do a lot of us know if we are going to have a job in six months or a year, that’s if you haven’t been laid off already. Suicides are up, mental health is suffering, our old and infirm are locked up, hospital care for all conditions are lagging dangerously behind and on top of all that the economy is going off a fucking cliff like never before.

These are the issues the dopey cunt should be addressing first rather than bowing down to the entitled extinction rebellion type freaks who quite frankly deserve a fucking good hiding in my opinion.
I couldn't have said it better myself.