Penalty Miss

King of The Jungle

I think he tried to hit it in the roof of the net because their keeper was giving him his right hand post. I think Jed thought 'alright if you thinking corners I'll just stick it in the roof of the net'... Pity cos the keeper moved so early that he could probably have just slid it into the left of the keeper.

whiskylion

I think he tried to hit it in the roof of the net because their keeper was giving him his right hand post. I think Jed thought 'alright if you thinking corners I'll just stick it in the roof of the net'... Pity cos the keeper moved so early that he could probably have just slid it into the left of the keeper.
Looked to me he'd been practising these in training, probably thinking that keepers will have seen film of his previous penalties.

I bet on the training ground he buried 20 out of 20. Come the match....

STWall

If he moved early the pen should have been re-taken! 😉

mad_mahon

Deciding to blast it, wasnt in control of himself when he thought that, wasnt in control of the ball when he struck it. I think I'll let that one go with Jed though, he has been different level most of the season

Lions Fan Up Norf

Eventually a penalty taker misses a penalty, it's just law of averages, he'll learn from that one, what's to say he wouldn't have missed or had it saved if he had tried to place it esp to the right which is where the keeper dived.

Bromleywalltj

Personally thought the penalty should have been retaken as 2 Fulham players clearly were 2 foot in the box by time time Jed struk the ball.:cool:

PurleyLion

Who should have taken it, if not Jed?
Jed has an excellent record (I believe until last night it was 10 out of 10) but it struck me the pressure got to him a little this time and he made the classic mistake of the head coming up too soon and the rest is history.

As someone mentioned earlier in the thread, hopefully he will have learnt from this and won't make the same mistake again

HappyLion

The second the commentator said he had scored 5 out of 5 you knew he would not score. At least he gave it some welly.

Peckham Lion

A good and confident penalty taker should know where he's going to bury it before the ball is on the spot. I don't think his mentallity has been right for a while, fuck knows why he was allowed to take it.