Old Ground

bramcoteboy62

I remember going in that players bar with you dad when I was a little kid and you would point out players for me to go and ask to sign my programme, but me being really young and not having a clue who the players were I’d get the wrong one and usually ask some random bloke who the player was drinking with for his autograph.

(oldwhip is my dad by the way folks)
Quality Wippa

onlyagame

There was an executive area next to the directors box but that’s all. One fan (might have been KK) convinced the directors to hire it out to him for a “birthday party” but actually had what can politely be called a “gentleman’s night” instead. No mobile phones in those days so no photo evidence remains either

T28ColdBlowLion

I just gone and had a look. It certainly ain’t there now. Who the fuck cares, but then who the fuck would admit sitting in one even if it did exist (which I certain not can’t recall there being any). He prob had a box on Jews hill to stand on

Milllwall Pete

There were 2 Boxes at the old Den behind the seating area over to the left of the directors seats they were built about 2 seasons before we left the Den, ten of us chipped in and won an auction to use one on a Millwall FC meal and after dinner speech from Tommy Docherty at the Inn on the Lake

onlyagame

There were 2 Boxes at the old Den behind the seating area over to the left of the directors seats they were built about 2 seasons before we left the Den, ten of us chipped in and won an auction to use one on a Millwall FC meal and after dinner speech from Tommy Docherty at the Inn on the Lake
Well I’ll be f***ed
If you were there then it must be right but a very strange decision to spend money building a box when we were leaving & even before Senagal fields we had the ASDA deal going on

Polegate Lion

That’s how I remember it. Pretty basic looking and quite enclosed. No balcony or outside viewing area, just very understated.

Bromleywalltj

Another way in was down the ilderton but a bit more climbing involved. Only ever blagged it on the odd occasion but it felt like a triumph for young Peckham
:cup:
Yep , used to climb over the wall under the police box ,sometimes right up near the cbl entrance once getting caught but let in, a couple of times ilderton end down the grass bank and over the fence, where i was so small squeezing up to someone going through turnstiles home and away then as i got to 11 thought fuck this so started working for Billy either selling programmes, or lottery tickets then in the bar above the seats and even walking around the pitch with the tray of drinks/goodies how i miss them days.

Members online