Old Ground

Bromleywalltj

They did have one or two boxes at the old Den at the back of the main stand. I think they were put in the season we were promoted to the old first division along with the work the club carried out to create the family section.

The only reason I know this was because when we played reserve games in the afternoons I used to sit in that stand. They weren’t too grandiose just a small area and a few seats behind a bit of Perspex.
Pretty sure that's where journalists to to sit prior to that

brianmooresladder

Had a row with a bloke in the Bells the other day - swears he had a box at the old Den, I said there weren't any. am I right ? It may have been the one he stood on to see over the wall.
There was something called the directors box, this did not allow you to see the game from a box but just have a drink in a VIP area and have a special seat. Don’t think there was ever a box. Sure if there was it would have been burnt to cinders anyway.

Polegate Lion

Not conclusive evidence I know but if you look either side of the blue central structure which I think was the press room you will see a couple of add ons that were the ‘boxes’ that I’m talking about.

Like I said, there was nothing grand about them, it was probably just a nod by the club to the way the future of football would go.

3A178ACA-587D-4457-B2CE-12D31A30A09E.jpeg

waterloowacker

Not conclusive evidence I know but if you look either side of the blue central structure which I think was the press room you will see a couple of add ons that were the ‘boxes’ that I’m talking about.

Like I said, there was nothing grand about them, it was probably just a nod by the club to the way the future of football would go.

View attachment 4179
That's a sad picture :cry:

ringo_the_lion

A few days after our last game at the Den, they had a few local matches in which a mate of mine was playing in one, the games were quite funny as their was huge chunks of the pitch missing and as for the couple of hundred in the main stand it was hard too find two seats together as souvenir hunters had chored them, finished up in the executive lounge where they were selling off bottles of 'Millwall wine' for three quid a bottle, I bought two, drank one(disgusting it was) on top of the beer and shorts I'd comsumed and some how the other bottle made it home intact, which I still have in my cellar.
I had tears in my eyes and a big lump in my throat knowing that would be the very last time I set foot in my home/life.

Axholme Lion

View attachment 4179
Looks like Luton after one of our visits.

No boxes that I can recall, but like most on here moved between HWL, Ilderton, CBL

For me the whole football experience has changed, probably as much to do with the average age of the support, when I first went to Wall in the 70's I'm sure most support was teenagers on the loose and the anarchy that caused, when you think about games like Norwich and the Forest Ruddock game, the noise and the carnage after goals went in, if people went up like that now, they'd be dragged out - imagine the OB going into the CBL to pull someone out ? - fact is, even if we were still at the old Den it wouldn't be the same, still better than the manufactured shit at Palace, Watford, Arsenal and the like but the football, support, grounds and atmosphere is long gone apart from the odd game when we wind back the clock, I can see 1 last game when we have a 80's reunion maybe if we ever play Pompey :

Wall loyal

Our last game was such a sad but mad day
Only us could say good bye like that
Milllllllllĺllllĺllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll

Terry_Hurlock

Well I may as well chip in... never once went in the seats, was always HWL or Ilderton when we wanted to get in the oppo fans faces... but never once noticed any 'boxes'...

I don't think I ever went in the CBL either....

Wippa

Thank you one and all. I had a season ticket in that old wooden stand used the directors bar also the players bar [ as a guest] but never saw or heard of private boxes.
I remember going in that players bar with you dad when I was a little kid and you would point out players for me to go and ask to sign my programme, but me being really young and not having a clue who the players were I’d get the wrong one and usually ask some random bloke who the player was drinking with for his autograph.

(oldwhip is my dad by the way folks)

Ulster Lion

I remember going in that players bar with you dad when I was a little kid and you would point out players for me to go and ask to sign my programme, but me being really young and not having a clue who the players were I’d get the wrong one and usually ask some random bloke who the player was drinking with for his autograph.

(oldwhip is my dad by the way folks)
Nice memories mate. Cherish them.

Members online