Old Ground

oldwhip

Had a row with a bloke in the Bells the other day - swears he had a box at the old Den, I said there weren't any. am I right ? It may have been the one he stood on to see over the wall.

Phlion54

Just about could afford a normal ticket ..a box ffs....must have been something in that sitting down stand

obeney

I'm certain there were no boxes dy the old place. Nothing in that poor excuse for stand a d there's no room anywhere else in that marvellous.ground.

oldwhip

Thank you one and all. I had a season ticket in that old wooden stand used the directors bar also the players bar [ as a guest] but never saw or heard of private boxes.

obeney

You must have been "posh: Oldehip. What were the :Director's Heads" like . Did you have to wade through a kle deep piss to get to the porcelain? Like we mere peasants had to on the terraces.

Polegate Lion

Had a row with a bloke in the Bells the other day - swears he had a box at the old Den, I said there weren't any. am I right ? It may have been the one he stood on to see over the wall.
They did have one or two boxes at the old Den at the back of the main stand. I think they were put in the season we were promoted to the old first division along with the work the club carried out to create the family section.

The only reason I know this was because when we played reserve games in the afternoons I used to sit in that stand. They weren’t too grandiose just a small area and a few seats behind a bit of Perspex.

ballsey

They did have one or two boxes at the old Den at the back of the main stand. I think they were put in the season we were promoted to the old first division along with the work the club carried out to create the family section.

The only reason I know this was because when we played reserve games in the afternoons I used to sit in that stand. They weren’t too grandiose just a small area and a few seats behind a bit of Perspex.
Weren’t there some behind the seats.

waterloowacker

So not a box then ?

Lion1964

100 % no boxes to buy at the old den.
Any of the refurbishment that was done when we got promoted to old division one didn’t include that.