Next country to leave the EU. N/W

Brusselslion

If the results of the last survey (2020) conducted into the public's attitude to the EU are believed, then the RoI is the least likely country to leave the EU (88% of Irish respondents thought that their membership of the EU was a good thing). By this measure, Italy was most likely to leave (43% of Italians thought membership a good thing; the same percentage the exact opposite).

In the very unlikely event anyone's interested, the source (report) can be found here: https://europa.eu/eurobarometer/surveys/detail/2256

Of course, the proposed changes to corporation tax, and other recent developments on the island of Ireland might have changed opinion?

Terry_Hurlock

You need to remember the Irish got rich by stealing UK taxes.. its that simple.

All we need to do is change our laws (which we can now) to stop businesses with UK income setting up an office in Ireland that declares the revenue there...

Once that happens Ireland will panic.. and by god will they panic....

HappyLion

Hungary.

And that's not a queue for a load of food based jokes. Try that and there will be egg on your face.

Bexhill Lion

Argh the posh part, even had a tennis court at one time that way i recall
View attachment 13963

View attachment 13962
Happy days then mate, remember once going over the old Hydraulic bridge onto Sheppey. About 8 of us in my old man's zephyr, got onto Sheppey then you went up a hill, well we had to get out and push the fucking thing, full roof rack and boot and us, she weren't having it, still here all those car horns.

wellerwasbest

Happy days then mate, remember once going over the old Hydraulic bridge onto Sheppey. About 8 of us in my old man's zephyr, got onto Sheppey then you went up a hill, well we had to get out and push the fucking thing, full roof rack and boot and us, she weren't having it, still here all those car horns.
ha
Funny they had a boot sale, you probably recall it , was just as you come into the camp , Anyway i used to take my two nieces and two nephews when they were little to potter about
Used to see loads of Millwall fans about who i knew or seen about as you do
i recall my little niece saying to me one day "Why do they call you "wall"

it was all "come on the wall" "alright wall" etc
And i was never one to wear replica stuff like many others i see about
Miss them days

Always recall one year i was in Monte Carlo the next day Leysdown(my sisters girl was little and i was hoping to see her but they had shot down there) so off i went
I can recall walking along the beach front with Now my Ex brother in law and him saying "fk me you must have the right hump Monaco and now here(leysdown)"

Not at all for me, had some funny/good times

Edit its funny in Danny Bakers book he talks about his family going to "Leighsdown" a lot , i think he means the same place but got the spelling all wrong . There is no place spelt like that

Last edited:

wellerwasbest

Had chalet on Harts by the rose and crown pub ,split up with wife and I lived in it for 10 mths a year and rented out flat on cliffs in warden bay during the winter for 2 yrs ,loved it .
Remember being in there Rose and Crown with me Dad and two of his brothers and a few cousins they had a Drag night
Funny and very loud people on me dads side Deptford types which could be a shock to some not used to the humour/piss taking , different times