Neil's Got it Right

I think he has finally learnt the hard way, he stayed loyal to too many who let him down. A good manager selects a team and sets up to win games. That should include dropping players even if they have played well in the game before if the next opponents warrant it. I have also noticed he is using the word “squad” all the time now which is a first and sends a strong message to the dressing room.

I think he has finally learnt the hard way, he stayed loyal to too many who let him down. A good manager selects a team and sets up to win games. That should include dropping players even if they have played well in the game before if the next opponents warrant it. I have also noticed he is using the word “squad” all the time now which is a first and sends a strong message to the dressing room.
Spot on ! Williams I believe will be weened out in the not too distant future & good job too.
He must see it.

Always the blame goes to Neil which isn't entirely fair.
Yes,he does make some odd decisions but I feel last season's dismal display had far more to do with the antics of certain players upsetting the team spirit and rocking the boat.
Let's just let him get on with his job .We will of course lose games so let's not jump on his back when this happened enjoy the season.

Always the blame goes to Neil which isn't entirely fair.
Yes,he does make some odd decisions but I feel last season's dismal display had far more to do with the antics of certain players upsetting the team spirit and rocking the boat.
Let's just let him get on with his job .We will of course lose games so let's not jump on his back when this happened enjoy the season.
He made terrible decisions last season Unit & plenty of them. They werent just odd decisions, they were shocking!

As for the 'bad apples' it was his place to remove these players from the group. But no, he continued to play them! Meredith for example.

Lets hope he continues what he's started and learnt from last seasons hideous mistakes & poor decisions.

All the shite thrown at him last season he's turned things around so far this season - our belief in the Club, the players and Harris has been set alight. The optimism running through us all is vibrant. Let's hope the new upturn in performance continues unabated. Well done Bomber and thank you, we believe!
Proper early doors, no one wants to see Harris fail though do they because that means us going down, roll on Saturday and let’s get a win.

LeonC

Did he have a squad last season to enable him to drop players Leon.?
As it turns out Midders no he didn’t but we didn’t know that. Making statements like “Fred is unplayable in training” as an example he didn’t help himself either. Bottom line is I think NH learnt a lot about himself last season more than anything. He gave out and extended contracts to players who he fought would perform and they didn’t. In hindsight which is a wonderful thing he clearly buttoned down the hatches to ensure survival in this division. He served up crap football using the limited players that would give everything, but not the flare we expected. Too many dependencies were on the shoulders of a handful of players.

Now he does have his choice of players, competition in each position so it’s now a squad.

COYL

Members online