National League has scrapped their season.

whiskylion

That's the wrong way to go.

That's a ridiculous decision by people without an ounce of football in their souls.

Idiots.

This isn't like 1939-40, when only three games was played and everything could be scrapped. We are close to the end of the season.

The leagues should end now, with positions as they are. All appearances and goals counting for player's careers.

Teams finishing top on points per game played should be crowned Champions.

The single team crowned Champions should be promoted. There should be no relegations

Next season should be played with no League Cup. But with one more team in each division, so an extra two matches played.

Relegation the following season then reduces leagues back to where they were before.

To just tell players that their appearances and goals don't count is a bloody insult.

If I was a National League Chairman I'd gang up with the other Chairmen to take joint legal action against these fucking clowns.

Chris George

That's the wrong way to go.

That's a ridiculous decision by people without an ounce of football in their souls.

Idiots.

This isn't like 1939-40, when only three games was played and everything could be scrapped. We are close to the end of the season.

The leagues should end now, with positions as they are. All appearances and goals counting for player's careers.

Teams finishing top on points per game played should be crowned Champions.

The single team crowned Champions should be promoted. There should be no relegations

Next season should be played with no League Cup. But with one more team in each division, so an extra two matches played.

Relegation the following season then reduces leagues back to where they were before.

To just tell players that their appearances and goals don't count is a bloody insult.

If I was a National League Chairman I'd gang up with the other Chairmen to take joint legal action against these fucking clowns.
in the statement in says there was consensus.

so it seems in the other leagues there are rival factions of ideas.

Phlion54

It seems the decision was made in conjunction with the chairmen of the club's a strange outcome and a kick in the face to the teams looking to go up a division.....not going to save them money with the amount already spent. ....good for the teams destined to go down

Chris George

It seems the decision was made in conjunction with the chairmen of the club's a strange outcome and a kick in the face to the teams looking to go up a division.....not going to save them money with the amount already spent. ....good for the teams destined to go down
maybe promotion/relegation based on teams that still exist replacing teams that go bust.

AllWall

Whatever happens, all teams must be treated equally. I think you can:

void the season

play the remaining games - logistically, I think this is unlikely, or

play the remaining fixtures of this season as the opening fixtures of next season. Promotion, including play-offs and relegation is then decided. Teams remain the same, no transfers/loans (this would rely on the goodwill of players and clubs where retirement/contracts have come to an end etc) during this period and the table is reset after these initial fixtures have been played. Next season would be shortened by the number of games played as the initial fixtures. So, for the Championship, next season would be over 37(?) games.

whiskylion

I have spoken with three club chairman I know well in the last hour. One in the National League and two in the tier below.

All three think they've got it completely wrong...

Stowwall

Another added complication maybe the fact that all non league players contracts end on 25th of April. I do believe.

Moody

Sad news for my other team Herne Bay, who I went to watch when they played away in Sussex this season. They were looking good for the play-offs and were getting average crowds of 300-400, after nearly going out of business last season.

Phlion54

I have spoken with three club chairman I know well in the last hour. One in the National League and two in the tier below.

All three think they've got it completely wrong...
So who decided ...on the tele it seemed it was the all chairmen of the club's involved along with the FA ....or am I wrong ?

Bromleywalltj

No mate one of t
So who decided ...on the tele it seemed it was the all chairmen of the club's involved along with the FA ....or am I wrong ?
He clubs was 20 points clear and basically promoted and now have to stay in same league and same with a club lower down 12 points clear they are appealing and will take legal action

Phlion54

No mate one of t

He clubs was 20 points clear and basically promoted and now have to stay in same league and same with a club lower down 12 points clear they are appealing and will take legal action
Rightly so .....seems unfair.....All play by the same rules no matter what league you are in

Edward Alistair

Only levels below National League & National Leagues North & South have ended!! National Leagues hope to finish still!
Apologies if I read it wrong but I am sure it was different when I read it and it has been edited since, the story was only 10 minutes old when I saw it.
I have read about 3 different stories before today that have been saying that National league chairmen have been calling for the season to be called off as soon as possible, no decision is going to made without complaints whatever it is but I do think this is what will happen throughout the UK if the virus doesn't get sent packing sooner than we expect.