My Nan died Sunday aged 104

kevrelles

I have had a shit week.
I was woken at 7.30 am Sunday a call from paramedics in attendance that she had passed away.
I've said before my Dad has dementia and my Mum ain't in good health either.
Drove to their house to break the news.
My mum was asleep so thought I cant wake her up and say your Mum is dead.
So had a cup of tea with Dad.
I had a call back from the paramedic to say the Police would stay with my Nan until I arrived at the same time the 111 G.P. rings on my mums number wakes her up and says I'm ringing about your mothers death ....what a fucking bollocks up you couldn't write it. My old man cant remember my Nan's dead and my Mum is saying nobody's told me....you was asleep.
I had to find a funeral director to collect my Nan drive up and stay with my Nan.
The Rossers in attendance were very nice.
Since then I had to clear the flat out to give it back to the council and just kept finding old photos and cards my Nan had kept from all the Grandkids and family.
Just found it all terribly sad and upsetting.
At the end of yesterday dropped the keys back to the council office and theres the end of a century of living in Vauxhall for my Nan.
Literally the last of her kind.
Feel for you. R.I.P your Nan.

champs08

I have had a shit week.
I was woken at 7.30 am Sunday a call from paramedics in attendance that she had passed away.
I've said before my Dad has dementia and my Mum ain't in good health either.
Drove to their house to break the news.
My mum was asleep so thought I cant wake her up and say your Mum is dead.
So had a cup of tea with Dad.
I had a call back from the paramedic to say the Police would stay with my Nan until I arrived at the same time the 111 G.P. rings on my mums number wakes her up and says I'm ringing about your mothers death ....what a fucking bollocks up you couldn't write it. My old man cant remember my Nan's dead and my Mum is saying nobody's told me....you was asleep.
I had to find a funeral director to collect my Nan drive up and stay with my Nan.
The Rossers in attendance were very nice.
Since then I had to clear the flat out to give it back to the council and just kept finding old photos and cards my Nan had kept from all the Grandkids and family.
Just found it all terribly sad and upsetting.
At the end of yesterday dropped the keys back to the council office and theres the end of a century of living in Vauxhall for my Nan.
Literally the last of her kind.
Condolences to you and yours mate. My Nan was also from Vauxhall and was landlady at the Elephant and Castle pub. She would’ve been a similar age. RIP to your Nan.