My Nan died Sunday aged 104

Supporting Millwall

I have had a shit week.
I was woken at 7.30 am Sunday a call from paramedics in attendance that she had passed away.
I've said before my Dad has dementia and my Mum ain't in good health either.
Drove to their house to break the news.
My mum was asleep so thought I cant wake her up and say your Mum is dead.
So had a cup of tea with Dad.
I had a call back from the paramedic to say the Police would stay with my Nan until I arrived at the same time the 111 G.P. rings on my mums number wakes her up and says I'm ringing about your mothers death ....what a fucking bollocks up you couldn't write it. My old man cant remember my Nan's dead and my Mum is saying nobody's told me....you was asleep.
I had to find a funeral director to collect my Nan drive up and stay with my Nan.
The Rossers in attendance were very nice.
Since then I had to clear the flat out to give it back to the council and just kept finding old photos and cards my Nan had kept from all the Grandkids and family.
Just found it all terribly sad and upsetting.
At the end of yesterday dropped the keys back to the council office and theres the end of a century of living in Vauxhall for my Nan.
Literally the last of her kind.

EVOJM1972

I have had a shit week.
I was woken at 7.30 am Sunday a call from paramedics in attendance that she had passed away.
I had a call back from the paramedic to say the Police would stay with my Nan until I arrived at the same time the 111 G.P. rings on my mums number wakes her up and says I'm ringing about your mothers death ....what a fucking bollocks up you couldn't write it. My old man cant remember my Nan's dead and my Mum is saying nobody's told me....you was asleep.
I had to find a funeral director to collect my Nan drive up and stay with my Nan.
Since then I had to clear the flat out to give it back to the council and just kept finding old photos and cards my Nan had kept from all the Grandkids and family.
At the end of yesterday dropped the keys back to the council office and theres the end of a century of living in Vauxhall for my Nan.
My thoughts are with you mate 🙏

Beaufoyboy

I have had a shit week.
Rip, should have let the council clear it out

what part of Vauxhall as I know it quite well

Supporting Millwall

Rip, should have let the council clear it out

what part of Vauxhall as I know it quite well
It didn't seem respectful or right to her to let the council clear all her possessions out.
Newport Street built in the 1980's.
Off Black Prince Road one end and you walk onto the Lambeth walk the other side.
She was born in Bond Street 13th April 1917 and lived in Marmsey House and then Grover House in Vauxhall street opposite the Rising Sun pub on the corner.
Never lived outside of a couple of streets away from where she was born all her life.

Beaufoyboy

Off Black Prince Road one end and you walk onto the Lambeth walk the other side.
She was born in Bond Street 13th April 1917 and lived in Marmsey House and then Grover House in Vauxhall street opposite the Rising Sun pub on the corner.
Never lived outside of a couple of streets away from where she was born all her life.
Bloody hell know it so well as used to walk down there every day getting to beaufoy

Great people down there , well your Nan is the last of them

never will they have the same community that was there back in the day

Polegate Lion

It didn't seem respectful or right to her to let the council clear all her possessions out.

I know the area you’re talking about. I remember Newport Street used to have the strong aroma of roasted coffee beans in the air. I think it was from the Costa Coffee co before anyone had ever thought of putting a coffee shop on every corner.

I think the block was Malmsey House. Buster Edwards lived down the Kennington Lane end of Vauxhall Street at one stage as well, I wonder if your old nan knew him?

Condolences for your nan but what a great age.

Last edited: