Millwalls greatest ever result

Kryan Bing

Maybe not the best results but my favourite
Went to every game in our cup run to the final tranmere away sticks out for me after Luton a few years earlier was of the mind set we will never get that far again even got to telford just before the game was call off
Chelsea away won 3-2 in the FA cup also played the in the league cup that season fun and games that was lol
Arsenal in the FA cup 2-0 don’t remember much about the game but after the havens opened like never before
Leeds away in the play offs had to get the coach to pick up tickets then to the pub by the away end fuck me some mob waiting that day
Been to every play-off game home and away
Always great when you win but all the early ones Brighton derby dogshit
Ferencvaros home and away not for the game but because we will never see our lot in Europe again
The FA Cup, penalty shoot out win at Chelsea was a good night. That stupid, Terry Fuckwit OB on the big black horse, who thought he was leading the charge at the 'Battle of Balaclava'. Hilarious...
:bull:

Agree with all the above, all against Chelsea !!! fuckin hate them
,76 V Chelsea won 3-0
'85 away FA Cup won 3-2 Fash penalty, Steve Lovell and another one from Fash, Speedie missed one for them. (What a Fun night that was :)
'95 away won on penalties.... Sadly my Dad passed away the following night after seeing that game, My family is a long line of Dockers from Deptford.

Lion1964

Fash would get in my all-time team of favourites what a horrible cunt he must have been to play against
He terrorised Colin pates and Doug rougvie that night. Pissing down and Stamford Bridge pitch was a mud heap. They couldn’t handle fash the bash that night, speedies penalty miss was the icing on the cake. Then outside was chaos getting back to our motor but a good laugh. Made it back to the bells for a couple, Probably one of my favourite wall nights.

Had to get the train back me and a few pals mate we came unstuck big time
Kids now think they have had a result if they put the mesh fencing between us and them lol

paddym

Dave Massey was dropped that night and remember him running round to the shed in with us before the end, never knew speedie missed a pen till years later , was a mental night the league cup was just as eventful went Parsons Green done there boozer over

Lion1964

Dave Massey was dropped that night and remember him running round to the shed in with us before the end, never knew speedie missed a pen till years later , was a mental night the league cup was just as eventful went Parsons Green done there boozer over
Remember Andy Massey being a proper wall fan as a youth player. Good mates with Dave Mehmet , always dishing a few comps on our estate.

whiskylion

Has to be the game that gave us enough points to get promoted to division 1 (now the cunt prem) whisky who was that team,I ask you because you are bound to know mate.cheers
That Hull City game must go down as the best result in Millwall's history. Because for all our cup exploits with our remarkable victories over the giants at the time, Aston Villa; the Herbert Chapman-built all-conquering Huddersfield; League Champion elect Manchester City...it was at Boothferry Park we kept our nerve and secured top flight football for the first and still only time in our history.

So I'll go with Hull City 1987/88 season. Same as you, Kev.

Last edited:
Leeds away 87 great turn out . West ham simod cup . Blackburn last game 87 kept palace out the playoffs . Liverpool away Gordie rocket Our midfield bossing the England superstars

Lion1964

That Hull City game must go down as the best result in Millwall's history. Because for all our cup exploits with our remarkable victories over the giants at the time, Aston Villa; the Herbert Chapman-built all-conquering Huddersfield; League Champion elect Manchester City...it was at Boothferry Park we kept our nerve and secured top flight football for the first and still only time in our history.

So I'll go with Hull City 1987/88 season. Same as you, Kev.
Only game the second game where I actually shed a tear. The first being at home to Preston 71/72 last game of the season.

Polegate Lion

As I remember it and I’m sure Whisky will correct me if I’m wrong, we went one down in the second half against Carlisle in 66/67 season. We scored two late goals to win 2-1 and I’m sure Len Julians scored one of them.

The significance of this result meant that Millwall had broken the record for the number of home games undefeated. The previous match which was to equal the record was against Ipswich. The recently sold Lion Bobby Hunt played in that game for them.

It was a time when every supporter knew whatever the situation, we would always get something from the game. I’m still wondering how the hell we lost that record to Plymouth Argyle.

whiskylion

As I remember it and I’m sure Whisky will correct me if I’m wrong, we went one down in the second half against Carlisle in 66/67 season. We scored two late goals to win 2-1 and I’m sure Len Julians scored one of them.

The significance of this result meant that Millwall had broken the record for the number of home games undefeated. The previous match which was to equal the record was against Ipswich. The recently sold Lion Bobby Hunt played in that game for them.

It was a time when every supporter knew whatever the situation, we would always get something from the game. I’m still wondering how the hell we lost that record to Plymouth Argyle.
Julians got both of them!

That Plymouth result....they had the worst away record in the whole Football League when they came to The Den that day. No-one saw that coming - even Plymouth!

Polegate Lion

Julians got both of them!

That Plymouth result....they had the worst away record in the whole Football League when they came to The Den that day. No-one saw that coming - even Plymouth!
I’m sure if we had played until 5.15 (it’s normally 5 o’clock but we didn’t kick off until 3.15 in those days) we still wouldn’t have scored again.

Last edited:

whiskylion

I was trying to think when our last 3:15 kick off league game was?
Whisky?
I'm in Toronto at the moment, so don't have that to hand to confirm.

But, off the top of my head, I'm pretty certain that our last 3:15pm kick off was against Norwich City, our final home game of the 1967/68 season. When we kicked off the following season (v Oxford, I think) we had joined the rest of the League by reverting to a 3pm kick off. But happy to be corrected.

Last edited:

Millwalladam

Fucking hell Kev, I never thought I'd see the day you came on here just to plate Whisky.

Are you after a free copy of the 2019 Bible?

:grinning:
Most posters will know the team that got us promotion. The team was posted only 20 minutes after the thread was created. Kev is an elderly poster, so even more surprised he did not know.

Whisky is unchallenged when it comes to pre 1970's Millwall.