Millwall v Fulham Quiz

ParisWall

Hang on, this isn't fair.

Moody is just copy and pasting out of 'Lions from South Bermondsey' or whatever the book's called.

Those of us who don't own a copy are at a distinct disadvantage; no wonder Kev has the constant hump.

I don't have five hundred pounds to piss away on a book, but I like having a go on the quizzes which are set on here, especially by Whisky.

Having spent the best part of three hours waiting at bus stops, travelling on busses plus researching the question at The Library - I get back here with the correct answer, only to find it's all over.

Not the Millwall I know.

:wagging:

obeney

1947 was one of the worse winters in living memory. Snow so deep the country came to a standstill and everywhere was iced up. They brought domestic coal from the coalfields by lorries and we still had rationing which did'nt help.

Moody

Hang on, this isn't fair.

Moody is just copy and pasting out of 'Lions from South Bermondsey' or whatever the book's called.

Those of us who don't own a copy are at a distinct disadvantage; no wonder Kev has the constant hump.

I don't have five hundred pounds to piss away on a book, but I like having a go on the quizzes which are set on here, especially by Whisky.

Having spent the best part of three hours waiting at bus stops, travelling on busses plus researching the question at The Library - I get back here with the correct answer, only to find it's all over.

Not the Millwall I know.

:wagging:
Real Wall would not only own the book and have read it at least 5 times, but would have also stored at least 50% of it to memory... but, may get June and July muddled whilst also planning a History topic.

Moody

I can do a quiz... As I write a bit about this in today's match-day programme, so those of you that buy that will have the advantage:

On 8 October 1938, 49,335 spectators watched Fulham play Millwall in the Second Division. It was the largest attendance ever at Craven Cottage and the record remains today, unlikely to be bettered.

At the time Millwall were 3rd and Fulham were top. So, the fact that this was a top of the table clash helped boost the crowd and a key contributor to that fact was the form of one of the Millwall players. Just a month later his form would be recognised - but by who and why is it a relatively sad landmark in Millwall's proud history?

NB: No authors are allowed to enter this quiz!

whiskylion

I can do a quiz... As I write a bit about this in today's match-day programme, so those of you that buy that will have the advantage:

On 8 October 1938, 49,335 spectators watched Fulham play Millwall in the Second Division. It was the largest attendance ever at Craven Cottage and the record remains today, unlikely to be bettered.

At the time Millwall were 3rd and Fulham were top. So, the fact that this was a top of the table clash helped boost the crowd and a key contributor to that fact was the form of one of the Millwall players. Just a month later his form would be recognised - but by who and why is it a relatively sad landmark in Millwall's proud history?

Oh....bugger.......!!!!!!

kevrelles

Got to be morison he is old enough :grinning:

kevrelles

Is it ok if Jim pm me the answer:grinning:

SE1

marked another record for the club, and one very unlikely ever to be broken.

Is it possible that with a winter world cup in 2022, fixtures may well go into June

whiskylion

marked another record for the club, and one very unlikely ever to be broken.

Is it possible that with a winter world cup in 2022, fixtures may well go into June
Oh yeah. Forgot that particular piece of money-related stupidity.