Millwall ticket office/shop Deptford

onlyagame

Does anyone remember a Millwall ticket office/shop on either New Cross road or Deptford Broadway? I’m sure there used to be one there back in the 60’s and when it closed it remained derelict for a few years after that. Or am I just imagining it?

E1 Wall

It was there in the late 70’s if I’m not wrong, we got tickets for Newcastle away (1978 charter train only pay at turnstile) about 100 onboard,think Pauline McGrath (and her husband Tom) used to work in there ??? You had to go up some steps to get in and it was tiny in there, you’d have had trouble swinging a cat around it was that small...

Wall loyal

A little further up the road do u remember the poplar book shop ,out on the pavement right near there was a machine selling milk.
Yea remember it & just up past that is where that fire was that killed 13 at a birthday party I see that when it was alight

kevrelles

Yea remember it & just up past that is where that fire was that killed 13 at a birthday party I see that when it was alight
Yes as u said up a bit more and across the road,yes 13 dead black lads.they never as far as I remember caught the cunt who set the fire.but by all accounts it was another black fella.dont know if that's 100% though.
Fucking terrible way to die.