Match Thread Millwall v Fulham

bramcoteboy62

Happy with that as I thought we’d lose. There goal was slick but the centre backs were still in the dressing room. Looked to me like Bod was laughably offside but fuck it I’ll take it. Jed for fucks sake, first rule of peno taking, hit the target!! How is he smacking the cross bar!! To me he’s been off for a while now, believing his own hype?? Got lucky at the end with them hitting the post but I didn’t see it clear.

robbo555

A whole lot better than Sunday, but we still cant/dont keep the ball enough, resorting to wayward long balls coming straight back at us but at the feet of an oppo player, if we could consistantly just do the same??? but a bloody good effort from all the lads. :)
Seems to be always in the second half. First half Woods ran the game and was playing beautifully. Second half we went long too often. Might as well play Smith if we are going to do that. I would be interested to see what Bennett can bring to the team with his pace. I think if we had a strong, pacy forward we could cause teams a lot of problems.

LionsMet

Jed needs to go central & not on the wings ever again. Cant dispute his energy & commitment but a winger he is definitely not.

Bradshaw, no decent deliveries to him. Cant fault him tonight. Reminded me of Gregory tonight. Running around like a loony here there & everywhere.

Pearce looked good tonight. Good leadership once again.

Murray Wallace run his bollox off & was my MOTM.

Woods, not bad tonight. Panicked alot on the ball I felt. Needs to find his feet with us & have better players around him. Doesnt mind getting stuck in.

Molumby seemed distant tonight. Hoping he hasnt lost enthusiasm! Him, Woods & Thompson in midfield. Now that I cant wait to see!

Skalak given a few minutes. No chance to do fuck all.

Seriously cant wait for Rowett to bring in players in the summer as this will be the real telling point.

A point against an inform team isnt bad at all. Fair result but if we could cross a ball, we would have won that tonight!

robbo555

Jed needs to go central & not on the wings ever again. Cant dispute his energy & commitment but a winger he is definitely not.

Bradshaw, no decent deliveries to him. Cant fault him tonight. Reminded me of Gregory tonight. Running around like a loony here there & everywhere.

Pearce looked good tonight. Good leadership once again.

Murray Wallace run his bollox off & was my MOTM.

Woods, not bad tonight. Panicked alot on the ball I felt. Needs to find his feet with us & have better players around him. Doesnt mind getting stuck in.

Molumby seemed distant tonight. Hoping he hasnt lost enthusiasm! Him, Woods & Thompson in midfield. Now that I cant wait to see!

Skalak given a few minutes. No chance to do fuck all.

Seriously cant wait for Rowett to bring in players in the summer as this will be the real telling point.

A point against an inform team isnt bad at all. Fair result but if we could cross a ball, we would have won that tonight!
Very good post LionsMet. Bang on the money about Jed. Bradshaw is very reminiscent of Gregory in so many ways. Pearce has a very calming influence on the team when he plays. He organises us and is a real leader.

tobydog

Seems to be always in the second half. First half Woods ran the game and was playing beautifully. Second half we went long too often. Might as well play Smith if we are going to do that. I would be interested to see what Bennett can bring to the team with his pace. I think if we had a strong, pacy forward we could cause teams a lot of problems.
That is the problem at the moment Robbo. If you are going hit those long balls you have to have a very pacey player,preferably two, with one running off him, to get on to them and have an option

partisan_lion

Fair result as neither team troubled the keepers.
I wish they weren't so basic at corners & free kicks.instead of just slingingbit in there or Jed going for goal,why not be a bit more creative and use some imagination!.
Also,weight a through ball instead of over hitting the bastard ball.

Peckham Lion

I think most of us would have settled for 1-1 before the game, and after them clobbering the bar late in injury time...will settle for it now.

But still a golden opportunity spurned, one feels....
Yes, Rowett done his homework on Fulham, we didn't let them get their pass and move going, closed them down well and kept Mitrovic very quiet. I think it was important that we contained them to the point of frustration. We still had our chances in a tight game. If some of our final ball was better we may have nicked it. I left the ground relieved that we held them off and a tad frustrated that we never won. A very good team performance against a very good side and a shit biased ref.

Last edited:

Lion1964

Yes, Rowett done his homework on Fulham, we didn't let them get their pass and move going, closed them down well and kept Mitrovic very quiet. I think it was important that we contained them to the point of frustration. We still had our chances in a tight game. If some of our final ball was better we may have nicked it. I left the ground relieved that we held them off and a tad frustrated that we never won. A very good team performance against a very good side and a shit biased ref.
Happy with a point mate, could easily have been three. Thought Bradshaw should have buried his chance but he scuffed it a bit and Lenoard header from close was also a good chance.