Match Thread Millwall v Fulham

Peckham Lion

First sunday game ?
Correct Wacker, January1974 and we won 1-0.

Britain was in the grip of an energy crisis caused by Arab OPEC members refusing to provide oil to western nations who had supported Israel in the Yom Kippur War in 1973. At the beginning of 1974 the miners went on strike which exacerbated the situation even further. With clubs looking to save on energy by not using floodlights, the call came for Sunday games to be played.

As well as the energy crisis, there was an added problem. Law at that time prevented tickets being sold for a game on Sunday so admission was technically free. Clubs got round this by making fans buy a programme which got them entry into the ground.

1581463897371.png

Last edited:

rooferboy

I don`t like being pessamistick but if Fulham turn up and play anywhere near their potential we will be in for a torrid time, after Sundays performance I can`t see were we are going to score from.

Ilderton Wanderer

I don’t know why we are supposed to be so in awe of Fulham, they have been beaten by Reading, Stoke and Bristol city this season and Charlton, Cardiff and Sheffield Wednesday have taken points off them too.

They are no doubt a very good side but on our day we ain’t no pushovers, our strategy should be to show them fuck all respect and get in their faces. Fuck Fulham and fuck ‘Scotty’ Parker the Charlton cunt.

tobydog

I don’t know why we are supposed to be so in awe of Fulham, they have been beaten by Reading, Stoke and Bristol city this season and Charlton, Cardiff and Sheffield Wednesday have taken points off them too.

They are no doubt a very good side but on our day we ain’t no pushovers, our strategy should be to show them fuck all respect and get in their faces. Fuck Fulham and fuck ‘Scotty’ Parker the Charlton cunt.
Agreed, But IF we dont play the pressing, passing game we were playing up to a few games ago we will get beaten.... imho

whiskylion

A tough game in store but we are capable of winning. This fixture has quite an historic significance, what is it?
The other historical significance was that Sunday win for Millwall brought an end to a record run of four consecutive Fulham League victories over us.

If we lose tonight, there will be a new record of five consecutive Fulham wins over us: our humiliation at Craven Cottage earlier in the season equalled the old record.

So there is a link between the historic Sunday game and tonight....

tobydog

Millwall team to play Fulham: Millwall: 5-2-3: Bialkowski; Romeo, Hutchinson, Pearce, Cooper, M Wallace; Molumby, Woods; J Wallace, Bradshaw, Bodvarsson.

#Millwall subs: Steele, Smith, Leonard, O’Brien, Skalak, Mahoney, Ferguson.

Last edited: