Match thread Millwall v Cardiff

33lion

I'm not saying sell Wallace, but he has been dreadful for quite some time now, just harping back to the first half of last season when he was bang in form is ludicrous, he is a shadow of the player he was a year ago, constantly loses possession, has no end product.

He is beginning to resemble Skalak in thinking if he runs around long enough at 100mph something will happen, played in the correct position and given as many games as Jed has I think Thompson would match him in goals and assists.

This blind faith and no competition for his place has done us nor him any favours, for the record I would play a diamond with Williams or M Wallace at the back of it Woods/ Thompson in the middle and Bennett at the front with Parrot and Bradshaw up top.

I agree about a lack of competition. Same goes for Romeo, I do fear that this lack of a push could harm them both long term.

Every other player has to a certain extent got to keep performing to guarantee a place, bar the keeper and centre halves.

LeonC

Thompson had a good game but that missed header in the 2nd half was as bad as Bod’s miss. Murray MOM for me, Mr consistency. Our passing is awful at times, no power to any of them and most need two touches to control the ball. Bradshaw should of come on for Bennett not Malone.

Ilderton Wanderer

I'm not saying sell Wallace, but he has been dreadful for quite some time now, just harping back to the first half of last season when he was bang in form is ludicrous, he is a shadow of the player he was a year ago, constantly loses possession, has no end product.

He is beginning to resemble Skalak in thinking if he runs around long enough at 100mph something will happen, played in the correct position and given as many games as Jed has I think Thompson would match him in goals and assists.

This blind faith and no competition for his place has done us nor him any favours, for the record I would play a diamond with Williams or M Wallace at the back of it Woods/ Thompson in the middle and Bennett at the front with Parrot and Bradshaw up top.

To say that Wallace has no end product is just ridiculous. What about the cross he put on a plate yesterday to golden boy Ben that was arguably just as easy a chance as Bodvarssons howler? He was instrumental in the break which lead to Bods chance as well. At Sheffield Wednesday he shouldn’t have been on the pitch but still managed to hit a peach of a free kick that was inches wide. You can go back to our last real decent performance at Preston where he bagged a goal and an assist, he gave what was probably his best performance this year against Luton and that came off the back of a superb second half display at Wycombe, also the goal which got us out of the shit at Rotherham, and don’t forget his excellent headed finish against Brentford. Some examples there of an end product, a bit more than any other outfield player this season anyway.

Some people expect too much out of Wallace week in and week out, he has his faults and off days like every other player but the fact is that if you take him out of the team we would be a much weaker side.

PurleyLion

Thompson had a good game but that missed header in the 2nd half was as bad as Bod’s miss. Murray MOM for me, Mr consistency. Our passing is awful at times, no power to any of them and most need two touches to control the ball. Bradshaw should of come on for Bennett not Malone.

I thought Ben turned in a good performance playing off/alongside Smith and brought an urgency upfront that’s been missing this season. Prefer him forward rather than further back.

Shame about his header on 2 counts, it would have great for him to score BUT if he hadn’t gone for it I believe an unmarked Smith would have buried it and it would have been game over. :slap:

kinelloz

Worst player? Ha. Lay off the crack.
This season mate, yeah he is. I guarantee he has lost possession more than any other player, his shooting stats are terrible and his failure to pick a cross has cost us loads. Been a great player for us, but this season he has been shit. Wouldn't argue that he is our nost talented player or question his commitment, but his performances this season have not been anywhere near good enough