Match thread Millwall v Cardiff

whiskylion

That was also mentioned by Bryan King (I think it was him) on the Podcast that was posted earlier. The keepers of the past were commanding the six yard box with catches, as opposed to modern day keepers who are punching or flapping.
You just clasp the ball to your chest.

It isn't bleeding' rocket science.

I used to work with some keepers at a pro club. We'd spend 20 minutes with me putting balls into that area so the could practice coming and claiming, hands pointing up towards their face (not down, as our man so often does), their bodies arched and head over the ball.

A basic technique.

cold blow

Parrot looked lost out there, i would have thought that someone who has been banded about as a future superstar would have a bit more about him.

markmwal953

Getting fk'd off with GR , we are solid but offer nothing going forward ,wrong team every week ,Smith scores ,bet he don't play next game , Malone can jog on ,useless ,Bennett gets injured (surprise) and GR puts Malone on ,we know Skalak is crap but he would of been a better option ,playing midfielders as RB ,fk off play the understudy .
Might be just me with steam comming out my ears but I want to see a fkn settled side ,fk the wasters off and play the kids till January ,dome of these players would'nt get in a pub team ,can't pass no pace ,where has our confidence gone ?

Does Rowett sit down later, with the players who played in this game, and make them watch the whole match? Point out the good points and the bad? Tell Malone why he should have played THAT ball forward, instead of sideways? Tell Bod he needs to slow his running down, so he has time to think WHERE he is going to place his shot?

In my heart I’d like to think yes, but my head unfortunately says no.

And therein lies just one of the many problems this club faces at the moment.

mfcjohn

Yeah, well he's been in England most of his career. An he has British coaches.

I'm sure he doesn't drive home on the right hand side of the road....
As far as I remember. It was only in the 90's that we started to see keepers punching the ball in England. (I could be completely wrong)

Coach's look to see how others play around he world, and they take them ideas on, it's a shame it's not the other way around with coach's looking to see how teams play in England.

whiskylion

I have to laugh with all this "the game is faster today" stuff. Well, in the Premier, yes. The Championship...? I don't think so.

The first half was played as though the slow motion button was on.

Did anyone see Williams actually move out there today? Might as well get one of those cardboard cutouts from the stands and put a number 6 on its back.

No way of telling the difference. And save the club £500,000 a year.

I'm pissed off with today's game from so many perspectives.

Fuming, actually.

mfcjohn

Does Rowett sit down later, with the players who played in this game, and make them watch the whole match? Point out the good points and the bad? Tell Malone why he should have played THAT ball forward, instead of sideways? Tell Bod he needs to slow his running down, so he has time to think WHERE he is going to place his shot?

In my heart I’d like to think yes, but my head unfortunately says no.

And therein lies just one of the many problems this club faces at the moment.
If you have to tell a player over the age of 16 how to put the ball in the back of the net, something is wrong with said player.

bramcoteboy62

Well fucking here we are again. Slow shit start and really our goal comes from nothing, what was the sheep rimmer in goal up to. Then malone, well the less said the better. Utterly disgraceful and disgusting. They could’ve won it at the end with Harry Wilson

If you have to tell a player over the age of 16 how to put the ball in the back of the net, something is wrong with said player.
That’s my point, mfc - something IS wrong with said player. It’s Bod and he’s shit as a centre forward!

The sooner he and Rowett realise that, the better. Otherwise, nothing will change.

Eamon Dunphys tackle

The substitution's affected the game.
Not in the way we wanted.
Smith looks the only one who can score, he is taken off.
Ben influential. Taken off. Ok was he injured?
Malone on. Passes to one of their players which leads to the equaliser.
Bod, he's an international don't you know.
Some of us would have put that in the net.
What a choker.
But praise for Bart. It could have been a lot worse but for him.