Match Thread Luton v Millwall KO 7- 45

Lion-in-exile

Get Fucking the Ginger Dwarf out of the team.
He cant run, cant tackle, cant head the ball because he's only 4 foot tall.
Literally hovers on our 18 yard box all the time standing on the centre halves toes.
Then when they attack and their forwards are in our box he still stands on the 18 yard line watching them from behind the action he doesn't attempt to tackle them.
He literally cannot fucking run, he shuffles his feet and trots along but really fucking slowly. He never closes anyone down they pass it round him. He's never close enough to tackle because he's so fucking slow.
He doesn't get up the pitch in attack because he's so fucking slow as well.
He passes the ball sideways 23 yards out from our goal is the only thing he does.
He passed maybe 3 balls only forward from the same place.
His poor clearance on our 18 yard line when he skied the ball lead to them scoring 4 passes later.
He is fucking shoite.
Get him out play Jed in centre midfield in his place. Then get Bennett in the team he puts more work in than Woods.
This 100%, Woods is a luxury player we can ill afford, I'm sure in a team with better players who actually move his passing ability would be a real asset, we don't have those players so he is completely wrong for our squad.
I have a nasty feeling GR will break the bank to get him in the summer though!!!

robbo555

Because the other teams are not much better Robbo.

It's amazing we are this high with some of the players we have. I think you are right, it's not a vintage league this season. We are overachieving for sure, but there have been a lot of games where with a bit more quality and composure in the attacking third we could have won and be even higher. The spirit and fight in this team can not be doubted but the attacking quality is something we need to address.

Eamon Dunphys tackle

Exactly whisky, as a defender you hate being pushed back on your heels with a tricky fucker running at you.
You’re timing to make a tackle has to be perfect, especially now days or it’s a free kick at least.
We just don’t have it , give the kid a start.
It’s not exactly a gamble with the amount of subs allowed now.
Exactly. You see a lot of clubs at our level putting a pacey kid in the team and often reaps a reward. Seems our management are too scared to give it ago.
After all, the same players week in week out are just not performing.

robbo555

This 100%, Woods is a luxury player we can ill afford, I'm sure in a team with better players who actually move his passing ability would be a real asset, we don't have those players so he is completely wrong for our squad.
I have a nasty feeling GR will break the bank to get him in the summer though!!!

I hope he doesn't. Woods has been poor for a while now. Kieftenbeld and Evans are much better options in midfield, as is Leonard, especially given his form of late. We need to concentrate our transfer efforts into getting half-decent strikers and a number 10 who can pick a pass in the final third. We are not far away from being a very good side, but getting those types of players in isn't easy.

robbo555

Exactly. You see a lot of clubs at our level putting a pacey kid in the team and often reaps a reward. Seems our management are too scared to give it ago.
After all, the same players week in week out are just not performing.

I think you can afford to give him a go with the formation we play. He won't be expected to track back as he will have protection behind. He can be given his head and a chance to express himself with no pressure. Just go and play. It's a simple message but for a kid, it can be all they need to hear.

kevrelles

If we had three half-decent strikers we'd be about six places higher in the table.

How Romeo is playing ahead of McNamara again is beyond me.
Something to do with appeasing the blm I suspect? If they drop him again for a white player it's odds on the media would twist it and make a race issue about it.
After what he has done he should not even be at the club let alone in the side ahead of a much better and deserving player. But Rowett is determined to drag us down. Why can't our board show some bottle tell him if performances do not vastly improve he is sacked. Bournemouth, Bristol city. Both with the bottle to make changes.whereas our board are happy with big ears. Kavanagh do the club a favour.fuck off and take rowett with you.

kevrelles

I hope he doesn't. Woods has been poor for a while now. Kieftenbeld and Evans are much better options in midfield, as is Leonard, especially given his form of late. We need to concentrate our transfer efforts into getting half-decent strikers and a number 10 who can pick a pass in the final third. We are not far away from being a very good side, but getting those types of players in isn't easy.
Firstly we need shot of rowett.we could have the best players in the world,but that mug would make them play negative.

Stowwall

Rapidly turning into another season of missed opportunities. Yes we are six points off the playoffs, but these last 2 games, like a good few others, were totally winnable if GR had a more attacking intent in him, and we'd have been in the top six or even pushing for automatic.
They need to be allowed to play and not keep being restricted by his over cautious tactics, let teams worry about us rather than the other way round. It still could turn into an exciting end to this very strange season, that is in our own hands, but it won happen if we continue to be negative and ho we nick a goal and hang on.
Barnsley on Saturday will be a real test and we have to be positive and not be on the back foot all the time. I'm sure most if not all on here wouldn't mind some mistakes if we were trying to be brave and positive at the time. Drives me mental (ler) when we get to the oppo's box and the ball gets recycled back to the keeper.
We need the Dutchman back and partnered with Evans in midfield as the base to allow our front players to get some success. We are stuck unfortunately with the forwards we have, I can't see him bringing in Alexander or getting Oloafe back, and they might not even do any good, but chopping and changing the front two or three every week isn't helping anyone.

kevrelles

We won't get shot of him, Mid table championship is successful for us.
We will be very lucky to finish mid table ,I still think he will drag us into relegation.and he don't give a fuck the same as some on here don't seem to.
Unfuckingbelievable that anyone can blame the players when the moron sets them up not to win.
But I hope you are right Herman.

The German Herman

We will be very lucky to finish mid table ,I still think he will drag us into relegation.and he don't give a fuck the same as some on here don't seem to.
Unfuckingbelievable that anyone can blame the players when the moron sets them up not to win.
But I hope you are right Herman.
Bradshaw clean through and Ben had two Clear shots at goal, We all want the same but I think we are guilty of thinking we are bigger than we are