Masks

bramcoteboy62

Rather irresponsible posting that.we want people to be RESPONSIBLE. If the 200 pond fines are not dettring people the 30days inside might change their minds.
Why? This is government approved advice for public awareness. This isn’t a conspiracy theory or dangerous, this is official advice being promoted by the govt on their website for the well-being of the general public. If you think that’s irresponsible, well then we have a whole debate to open up about the current irresponsibility of our govt

The_Doc

Genuine question. Do you have to wear a mask if you are just walking out in public. I thought it was only needed if you went into a shop?

onlyagame

How quickly we’ve forgotten that it took three months for the so called “experts” to make their minds up that we should wear masks (even though most of Europe had already made them mandatory) Of course we all know that that was only because of austerity which meant that we didn’t have enough masks left to go around for the general public. Which only proves that the same so called “experts” make up the facts (Sorry, I should say mould the facts) to suit whatever keeps the government (their paymasters) happy.

tony_dolby

How quickly we’ve forgotten that it took three months for the so called “experts” to make their minds up that we should wear masks (even though most of Europe had already made them mandatory) Of course we all know that that was only because of austerity which meant that we didn’t have enough masks left to go around for the general public. Which only proves that the same so called “experts” make up the facts (Sorry, I should say mould the facts) to suit whatever keeps the government (their paymasters) happy.

I haven't forgotten. The DCMO said the science concerning face-coverings was 'weak'. She also said that they can act as 'agents of transmission'. One concern among these advisors, as I recall, was that people might believe that masks protect the wearer against the virus and that the would give up hand-washing and social distancing.

Also, and perhaps more importantly, the DCMO illustrated how wearing a mask encourages people to touch their face with their hands and also leaving dirty masks around contaminates surfaces. How many times have you seen people take off their mask after shopping without sanitizing their hands first? A huge no-no.

onlyagame

I haven't forgotten. The DCMO said the science concerning face-coverings was 'weak'. She also said that they can act as 'agents of transmission'. One concern among these advisors, as I recall, was that people might believe that masks protect the wearer against the virus and that the would give up hand-washing and social distancing.

Also, and perhaps more importantly, the DCMO illustrated how wearing a mask encourages people to touch their face with their hands and also leaving dirty masks around contaminates surfaces. How many times have you seen people take off their mask after shopping without sanitizing their hands first? A huge no-no.
I’m not going to fall out with you again TD but for hundreds of years if you had a cough, a cold or the flu you would use a handkerchief or tissues, why is that? Presumably (apart from wiping snot) it was not to spread diseases to other people. You didn’t need to be a scientist to work out that wearing masks would save more lives than not wearing them, you just needed to be someone not on the government payroll. The mask wearing debate was never about the science it was about shortages in supply. In the UK we didn’t have enough masks to go round so it took three months to decide they were a good thing. Spain had enough masks plugged up so their experts decided it was the right thing to do from the get go.
Call me cynical but that’s what I believe

tony_dolby

I’m not going to fall out with you again TD but for hundreds of years if you had a cough, a cold or the flu you would use a handkerchief or tissues, why is that? Presumably (apart from wiping snot) it was not to spread diseases to other people. You didn’t need to be a scientist to work out that wearing masks would save more lives than not wearing them, you just needed to be someone not on the government payroll. The mask wearing debate was never about the science it was about shortages in supply. In the UK we didn’t have enough masks to go round so it took three months to decide they were a good thing. Spain had enough masks plugged up so their experts decided it was the right thing to do from the get go.
Call me cynical but that’s what I believe

I wouldn't call you cynical. There's a lot of pressure involved in science to say what your paymaster wants to hear. I don't know enough about supply issues to talk about that. Someone like MFC67 is far more qualified to comment on whether consumer demand can cause pressure on NHS supply chains.

I'm personally not convinced that amateur face-coverings are particularly effective at stopping the transmission of this virus. I wear one in shops because even if it reduces the chance of me infecting someone by 0.5% I'll do it.

Peckham Lion

Genuine question. Do you have to wear a mask if you are just walking out in public. I thought it was only needed if you went into a shop?
I don't know but i've noticed more and more people wearing them out and about. It at least shows that people are taking this thing seriously now. I do wonder if the government/ councils should be making the disposal of masks easier for the public. I see the fucking things dumped everywhere, some bins clearly marked and secured could be allocated near stations and on our streets.

jards

Just made it mandatory here (Sydney) in shops, public transport and supermarkets or its 200 dollar fine. Still see bods wearing them on the street and in their cars though.

King of The Jungle

Staff member
I hate all these govt regulations. Then again I hate all these cunts that ignore the regulations. What I fucking hate even more than those two is these no mark mugs who revel in the media attention when they've been caught and fined for no reason with a cup of tea... Stop milking the media attention, stop wanking yourself stupid over your horror in public, and crawl back under the slimy rock from beneath which you crawled...

I heard some cock on the radio tonight saying that he was exempt from wearing a mask, but was turned away from a supermarket, and that it was such a harrowing experience that he returned to his car and burst into tears... GET A FUCKING GRIP YOU WANKER!

I despair over these absolute wankers who seem to think the govt need to tell them which foot to put in front of the other...

GET A FUCKING GRIP! There is a virus out there. It ain't nice. You don't want it. You know what you do when someone has the flu...? Yeah you do... You keep the fuck away from them... This is similar but everyone might have the flu... So keep the fuck away from people... Not difficult to understand really is it. SO STOP MOANING AND WHINGING LIKE UTTER CUNTS.... PLEASE....

Above not directed at anyone in here... Just people I hear on the radio news...

onlyagame

What makes me laugh is when people tell me they’re exempt because they’ve got asthma. If I had asthma I’d be wearing two masks so I didn’t catch the bloody thing. And before you tell me if you’ve got asthma you can’t breathe with a mask on I want to know how come you were muff diving the missus for twenty minutes the other night?