Marcus Rashford...

buster35

It's my understanding this is just so the kids that get free schools dinners will still get fed, something that is outside any parents normal budget .
I had free school dinners as a kid as my old man was selfish and went and died when I was 13.
As many say it's not the kids fault and sometimes it's not the parents either

kevrelles

It's my understanding this is just so the kids that get free schools dinners will still get fed, something that is outside any parents normal budget .
I had free school dinners as a kid as my old man was selfish and went and died when I was 13.
As many say it's not the kids fault and sometimes it's not the parents either
Well its not the responsibility of others to pay, no it's not the kids fault.
But why should I or anyone else pay for the upkeep of someone else's kid .
It's fucking wrong.

buster35

Well its not the responsibility of others to pay, no it's not the kids fault.
But why should I or anyone else pay for the upkeep of someone else's kid .
It's fucking wrong.
True but it's not the responsibility of others to pay for the covid vaccination or for people to get sick pay, pensions etc
I thought we was a civilised country we lived in.
These meals are only replacing the ones the kids would have got in school so I can't see where the argument is

kevrelles

True but it's not the responsibility of others to pay for the covid vaccination or for people to get sick pay, pensions etc
I thought we was a civilised country we lived in.
These meals are only replacing the ones the kids would have got in school so I can't see where the argument is
For starters there should be no free school dinners.if you can't afford to pay or give them a packed lunch. Then don't make kids in the first place. Of course there are situations where it's not the fault of the parents and those should be helped.
But if a fat cider drinking fag smoking mother can afford the cider and fags.then she can afford the kids lunch.

buster35

I don't see why I should fund other peoples kids.

Have you seen the family on TV on the sheep farm in the Yorkshire Dales with nine kids. They work like hell and look after themselves. It's a pity others don't follow their example.
Totally agree.
when my dad died my Mum eventually found work and I worked after school at a local supermarket to help mum with the bills and buy my own clothes.
Bottom line is we all pay for others in one way or another, those kids getting free dinners will one day pay my pension

kevrelles

Totally agree.
when my dad died my Mum eventually found work and I worked after school at a local supermarket to help mum with the bills and buy my own clothes.
Bottom line is we all pay for others in one way or another, those kids getting free dinners will one day pay my pension
Most of em will be signing on in the future that's the tragedy .

Guernsey Wall

For starters there should be no free school dinners.if you can't afford to pay or give them a packed lunch. Then don't make kids in the first place. Of course there are situations where it's not the fault of the parents and those should be helped.
But if a fat cider drinking fag smoking mother can afford the cider and fags.then she can afford the kids lunch.
Replace 'mother' with 'slag'

lottwall

I’m sure 1 or 2 days of his salary should feed every kid in the country so crack on and open his wallet
I bet Rashford didn’t have a clue about any of this yesterday , it would have been his management company who no doubt run his Twitter for him. Doing a good job convincing everyone one what a caring hero he is.

kevrelles

I bet Rashford didn’t have a clue about any of this yesterday , it would have been his management company who no doubt run his Twitter for him. Doing a good job convincing everyone one what a caring hero he is.
I would be fucking angry if I was him, and heads would roll. They have taken the fucking piss

Saxon Lion

The way rashford played last night v Burnley, I think he should think about improving his football skills instead of worrying about school kids.

wellerwasbest

The thing is when Rashford was a impoverished kid with no meals during the school holidays we had a Labour government🤭
certain people wont be giving this a like
I think this is what it was all about as a mate whos into politics told me
And as usual some have used this again to dig out a certain party

Always have to turn everything into politics
As you say when his family got fuck all help and he was supposedly starving it was under a Labour Party

its a shame as he seems one of the genuine ones but its always twisted to meet a agenda by others media etc
A couple of years ago i had a girl where i live say she was starving knock on the door, i did make her something to eat and told her for future ref their was a food bank nearby, she told me later she did go there and actually a little later was working in there.
when i told a few people what i had done a couple said i was a mug
Sometimes even when you do something half good you get into a argument ha

oh yeah i would add add she was black and the food bank has now gone

Last edited:

Gaeilge Millwall

If i had dogs, and couldnt afford to feed them, they would be taken off me.

But i can have a child, and not afford to feed it, then another one, then another one. I cant afford the rent, i will never work, ................. But thats ok ?

Life with the Lions

I accept the premis of your post, that of there should be help available for those unfortunate enough to fall on hard times. I do not begrudge help for those people. However, the opening paragraph of your post is completely nonsensical to me... How can it be ridiculous for prospective parents to consider whether they can afford children before conceiving??? Surely everyone has a responsibility to be reasonably certain that they can afford to feed, clothe and shelter a new life before creating it?
What I was trying to say in that opening paragraph (obviously badly), is that a sensible couple, who have always worked hard, paid their way/taxes etc. would make sure they could afford to have a baby first! It’s the ones who have other, ulterior motives for having one or more babies, the government has had to crack down on, and rightly so!

One other thing that has popped into my head, as I was typing my reply (and this feeds into our discussion as to the real reasons a couple wants to have a child), and it’s this: when childless couples want to adopt a child, or older couples want to foster a child, they are subjected to a barrage of questions about themselves, their backgrounds (criminal or not), their financial status and their suitability as to whether they can/should be able to adopt or foster the child in question.

Yet, when a couple decides to conceive a baby, the ‘authorities‘ leave them alone to get on with it, so any irresponsible Wayne & Waynetta Slob can have a child, treat It badly and neglect it, but nothing gets done about that until somebody reports the parents to the Social, or worse, fails to and, well, we all know what usually happens then.....

What a crazy, fucked up world we live in, eh?