Manze v Arments - The Results

lioninherts

Being brought up in the Walworth Road it has to be Arments for me. That said i now live in East Herts and the only P&M up here is Manze's in Hoddesdon and the one a certain Mr Beckham uses in Waltham Abbey (can't remember the name of the shop) Both very good.

Terry_Hurlock

Being brought up in the Walworth Road it has to be Arments for me. That said i now live in East Herts and the only P&M up here is Manze's in Hoddesdon and the one a certain Mr Beckham uses in Waltham Abbey (can't remember the name of the shop) Both very good.
That's not an (all important) M Manze.. they are just TBR, Peckham and Sutton.

Terry_Hurlock

Brilliant work, mate.

So, after all that in-depth research, there's nothing between either of them?

I'll stick to fish and chips.

:grinning:
Morning Paris... yep pretty much..

I'm now trying to work out how many pies I have to buy from Arments and how many gallons of liquor I need to buy from Manze to make it economically viable to order separately :grinning:

PurleyLion

Manze just sent me a 10 pounds off next order code.. which should really deserve a bonus point 🤔
If my recollection is correct you live local to me and, I’m not sure if I’ve mentioned it before but, Roy Arment lives in Selsdon so when I order from Arments he brings it home and I pick it up from his place obviating the delivery charge 👍

Terry_Hurlock

Cheers Purley... Selsdon may just be one big traffic jam.. but if he lives close by....

I noticed a p&m shop there while driving through... ever tried it?

PurleyLion

Cheers Purley... Selsdon may just be one big traffic jam.. but if he lives close by....

I noticed a p&m shop there while driving through... ever tried it?
Roy lives beyond Croydon High School, off the Farleigh Road.

Tried the Selsdon P&M (Shaws Pie and Eel House) twice, rubbish and expensive. Steer well clear!

Often get Pies from Manzes Sutton which are okay.

There’s a relatively new P&M in Croydon but I’ve not tried it yet. Have you?