London Bridge - polish always useful in scrap

King of The Jungle

Owain_Elias_Real_Wall

I’m just waiting to hear what crime Lucas committed? He seems to be out of the spotlight by design. As to poles, got several friends who are close friends who are of polish descent.
Wankers to a man.*

Stompie

I could never understand the logic of declaring war on Germany because they invaded Poland but at the end of the war we left the poor bastards under Soviet rule, seems a bit unfair really?
This guy is obviously a hero & deserves our respect
I make you right Only, especially with the help their boys provided the R.A.F and the fact that Russia Invaded Poland at the start of the war the same time as Germany we should have done more. However It wasn't as easy as hindsite seems now.

I'm not an expert on the subject but a shortish answer Is that there were an number of contributing factors which I've tried to do semi justice to below.

At the Yalta Conference before the war ended, Churchill wanted free elections In East Europe (Including Poland), Stalin wanted Poland as a buffer/spear head between the east and west and America wanted the Soviets to join the newly formed United Nations and help them In defeating Japan (luckily for the Yanks ((and for the Japs If you think about It)) the U.S.A ensured Japan's surrender with nuclear weapons not allowing Russia to advance Into Japan from the north). These things were all agreed but behind closed doors It was starting become clear that Stalin wasn't to be trusted (It's why he was not awear of the atomic weapons until they had been dropped which didn't go down to well).

By the time of the Potsdam Conference after the war In Europe had ended, President Roosevelt had died, Churchill was voted out of office half way through, Stalin had the hump over Japan, his Imperial Intentions had become clear and trust was at an all time low. Things were very much up In the air but a deal that was agreed that was still fairi and above board.

Although I'm not sure why as Stalin had already decimated resistance In Warsaw with his deceit and then murder with the uprising he encouraged and had no Intention of keeping to his word about free and fair elections. This must have been obvious. He did however have some communist support from some of the countries he gained.

Add to the fact tha Russia has suffered terribly so when divvying up Europe they were allowed some concessions as compensation and the fact that Poland was Inbetween Russia and the east part of Germany that they were given. We also had to sacrifice some countries that we would have otherwise liked to have helped to ensure the safety and Idependence of others such as Greece and Malta.

Don't forget no one was In the mood for another row after 6 years of tear ups. For a start we ceratinly wouldn't have been able to sustain It, the American public wouldn't of supported a war (there wasn't great support for WW2 In the first place) and Russia geographically Is a formidable country to Invade and with their numbers and captured German equipment It would have been very messy.

It might not be the most Indepth of answers but I hope It explains It a little bit.

Bigherb77777

I could never understand the logic of declaring war on Germany because they invaded Poland but at the end of the war we left the poor bastards under Soviet rule, seems a bit unfair really?
This guy is obviously a hero & deserves our respect
I couldn’t either as wasn’t it cut up with Soviet Union - they invaded abc took the eastern half too ?

Bigherb77777

I make you right Only, especially with the help their boys provided the R.A.F and the fact that Russia Invaded Poland at the start of the war the same time as Germany we should have done more. However It wasn't as easy as hindsite seems now.

I'm not an expert on the subject but a shortish answer Is that there were an number of contributing factors which I've tried to do semi justice to below.

At the Yalta Conference before the war ended, Churchill wanted free elections In East Europe (Including Poland), Stalin wanted Poland as a buffer/spear head between the east and west and America wanted the Soviets to join the newly formed United Nations and help them In defeating Japan (luckily for the Yanks ((and for the Japs If you think about It)) the U.S.A ensured Japan's surrender with nuclear weapons not allowing Russia to advance Into Japan from the north). These things were all agreed but behind closed doors It was starting become clear that Stalin wasn't to be trusted (It's why he was not awear of the atomic weapons until they had been dropped which didn't go down to well).

By the time of the Potsdam Conference after the war In Europe had ended, President Roosevelt had died, Churchill was voted out of office half way through, Stalin had the hump over Japan, his Imperial Intentions had become clear and trust was at an all time low. Things were very much up In the air but a deal that was agreed that was still fairi and above board.

Although I'm not sure why as Stalin had already decimated resistance In Warsaw with his deceit and then murder with the uprising he encouraged and had no Intention of keeping to his word about free and fair elections. This must have been obvious. He did however have some communist support from some of the countries he gained.

Add to the fact tha Russia has suffered terribly so when divvying up Europe they were allowed some concessions as compensation and the fact that Poland was Inbetween Russia and the east part of Germany that they were given. We also had to sacrifice some countries that we would have otherwise liked to have helped to ensure the safety and Idependence of others such as Greece and Malta.

Don't forget no one was In the mood for another row after 6 years of tear ups. For a start we ceratinly wouldn't have been able to sustain It, the American public wouldn't of supported a war (there wasn't great support for WW2 In the first place) and Russia geographically Is a formidable country to Invade and with their numbers and captured German equipment It would have been very messy.

It might not be the most Indepth of answers but I hope It explains It a little bit.
I think it was at Yalta that Winston realised that we were ‘little Britain’ at the table with the big boy’s.

I think in the end we’re all be Chinese anyway !! Least the food will be good

obeney

Stompie, basically your explanation was correct, except Greece was not grabbed by ir ceded to Russia (though they did try which resulted in a short and sharp civil war which the Communists lost with British help
Malta never was a Russian Ctarget and remained a British colony until the mid 60's. It remained our main Mediterranean base for the.R.N.until 1 April 1979.

heh-now

Fuck me are we waking up. There are our neighbours with lots in common - history faith moral compass etc why the fuck ate we legging it’s to do some non existent deal with Nepal. Or New Zealand. Family yes but ten time zones away Nd tiny as fuck