League Ladders 2019-20 Cash Prize Donation

PurleyLion

Staff member
The season reconvenes soon with a cash prize of £95 (I think) up for grabs and, in my opinion, 5/6 possible winners.

In previous seasons most, if not all winners, have donated their winnings to a charity or good cause.

In advance of the end of the season, I'd like to propose this year's winnings be used to buy season tickets for juniors/children adversely affected by Covid-19 (eg death of a loved one, parent made redundant etc.)

I think, depending on age, junior season tickets cost £25, £50 or £100 and I'd gladly increase the sum to £150.

If there is unanimous agreement across the forum and you know of some worthy recipients, let us know, perhaps by PMing Mama or me, and we can buy the tickets from the club on their behalf at the appropriate time.

Also, if you think this is a good idea and would like to top up the fund I'm sure Mama would be only too willing to accept donations.

Okay we wouldn't match Captain Tom's achievement but, hopefully, we could improve the lot of some deserving fellow members of the Millwall family.

Last edited:
Think it is a great idea
but its up to all you in league ladders that pay, so please post your thoughts

Think it is a great idea
but its up to all you in league ladders that pay, so please post your thoughts

The following lists those playing for money and their respective positions in the current table.

As requested by Mama, your thoughts on the idea would be welcomed.

BTW: Many thanks Peckham for your support and, as the most likely winner, I appreciate you foregoing the possibility of that luxury holiday you promised to treat yourself to with the winnings ;)

20200615 Cash Table.png

Hi Everyone,

I floated the idea by Steve Kavanagh in an email this morning and he has responded immediately:

This is a lovely gesture we will work out how best to accommodate this and get back to you.

Kind regards

Steve

So the idea is still alive and if any of you would like to pledge a few £s to the cause it will be much appreciated.

The following lists those playing for money and their respective positions in the current table.

As requested by Mama, your thoughts on the idea would be welcomed.

BTW: Many thanks Peckham for your support and, as the most likely winner, I appreciate you foregoing the possibility of that luxury holiday you promised to treat yourself to with the winnings ;)

View attachment 6629
I'm sure I was at the top Hitting;) .
Will put my allinto this season's.
Well done whoever won ,too lazy or fucked to look it up.

The Junior Lions season tickets were £23 last season so I’ve added another £18 to the pot (these odd amounts should keep Purley on his toes :grinning:)

The Junior Lions season tickets were £23 last season so I’ve added another £18 to the pot (these odd amounts should keep Purley on his toes :grinning:)

Thanks.

I intend to contact Millwall early next week but my gut-feeling is with the season ticket challenges the club has because of crowd size restrictions it will be difficult for them to come up a means of using the money to benefit those impacted by COVID-19.

If that proves to be the case we’ll have to come up with another deserving cause, perhaps Peckham as the winner may have some ideas.