Kids can't read leaving primary school NW

westlion 2

They are blaming Covid, but surely the kids leaving primary this year should have been able to read long before the year they lost? Yes, closing schools was a bad idea, but this smells like an excuse to me.
as with all things, the excuse is ready made instead of questioning teaching performance in schools, as you said 1 year does not excuse the fact.

teachers need to be held responsible not covid

whiskylion

They are blaming Covid, but surely the kids leaving primary this year should have been able to read long before the year they lost? Yes, closing schools was a bad idea, but this smells like an excuse to me.
Don't worry about their not being able to read...

Far more importantly, they have been taught that the Union Jack is a symbol of racism; that the country in which they live is racist from tip to toe and all men are misogynists. And any white boy should be ashamed of himself for being both white and a boy.

What else do they need to learn....?

Last edited:

pastywall

Far mire importantly, they have been taught that the Union Jack is a symbol of racism; that the country in which they live is racist from tip to toe and all men are misogynists. And any white boy should be ashamed of himself for being both white and a boy.

No-one likes us, we don’t care.

SE14

Far mire importantly, they have been taught that the Union Jack is a symbol of racism; that the country in which they live is racist from tip to toe and all men are misogynists. And any white boy should be ashamed of himself for being both white and a boy.

Far more importantly

BigPaul

All children should be able to read before Primary School. This is what parents are for.
Don't be silly! Parents are far too busy on Facebook and Twatter to read to their kids! Be reasonable FFS. :grinning: :grinning: :grinning:
In fact, it's how they communicate with their kids half the time.

Lionarm

Meanwhile my daughter is actually working hard in local (New X) primary education and wouldn't recognise your old man bitter petty politics. One of her sons came out with the word "cherry-picker" as I was trying to describe the function of a servicing platform in a shopping centre. He was 2.

tony_dolby

Meanwhile my daughter is actually working hard in local (New X) primary education and wouldn't recognise your old man bitter petty politics. One of her sons came out with the word "cherry-picker" as I was trying to describe the function of a servicing platform in a shopping centre. He was 2.

And this proves nothing apart from the fact that your grandson is clever. There are clever children in every school. This thread wasn't inspired by 'petty politics' but by govt. estimates that around 200,000 children will finish Year 6 this year and still be unable to read.

Stompie

It sounds like a 2 year old has more sense than you.

Has he worked out you're a wrongen yet?

Zampaway

Far more importantly, they have been taught that the Union Jack is a symbol of racism; that the country in which they live is racist from tip to toe and all men are misogynists. And any white boy should be ashamed of himself for being both white and a boy.

🥱