Kent Derby - Gillingham v Charlton Athletic

Moody

Just noticed that this is today. Not sure why it’s not on Sky to be honest.

Now, you’d think that this is more to the anoraks’ liking as a derby match goes... finally some respect for being the bigger and better club from their rivals in a local derby, unlike the sniggering they get from us and Palace.

Yet, I have a couple of Gills supporting mates and they say that the trainspotters just don’t get their juices going in the same way that we do and they actually also think they’re a bit sad too - something to do with the whole running Valley Express and school coaching session schemes in Medway, begging kids to drag their dads to The Valley to watch Thierry Henry and Steven Gerrard on cheap tickets and then pleading with Meridian TV to cover them as a big club episode.

Plus, I think the stoat shaggers even have trouble beating Gillingham at Priestfield... so maybe it’s Maidstone United that are the real rivals of the red, red robins, as they’ve managed to at least hold them to a draw at The Valley and then give them a damn good 2-1 bashing at Maidstone’s Athletic Ground in the FA Cup.

Anyway, I’m just glad this is being played whilst the country is in lockdown - as I wouldn’t want to be working in accounts or IT at an office in Sevenoaks or Sidcup in the fall out from this fixture!

kevrelles

Just noticed that this is today. Not sure why it’s not on Sky to be honest.

Now, you’d think that this is more to the anoraks’ liking as a derby match goes... finally some respect for being the bigger and better club from their rivals in a local derby, unlike the sniggering they get from us and Palace.

Yet, I have a couple of Gills supporting mates and they say that the trainspotters just don’t get their juices going in the same way that we do and they actually also think they’re a bit sad too - something to do with the whole running Valley Express and school coaching session schemes in Medway, begging kids to drag their dads to The Valley to watch Thierry Henry and Steven Gerrard on cheap tickets and then pleading with Meridian TV to cover them as a big club episode.

Plus, I think the stoat shaggers even have trouble beating Gillingham at Priestfield... so maybe it’s Maidstone United that are the real rivals of the red, red robins, as they’ve managed to at least hold them to a draw at The Valley and then give them a damn good 2-1 bashing at Maidstone’s Athletic Ground in the FA Cup.

Anyway, I’m just glad this is being played whilst the country is in lockdown - as I wouldn’t want to be working in accounts or IT at an office in Sevenoaks or Sidcup in the fall out from this fixture!
I hope the caravan dwellers smash shit out of Dave the raving wrong un stoat shagging shit cunts

kinelloz

I couldn't give a flying fuck about Charlton or this game but a few Gills mates of mine don't count them or us as rivals. For them it's Swindon, Colchester and Msidstone

E4CBL

I couldn't give a flying fuck about Charlton or this game but a few Gills mates of mine don't count them or us as rivals. For them it's Swindon, Colchester and Msidstone
Yes. Heard them banging on about Swindon the other day.
What's that all about?

Wippa

heard about the Swindon rivalry but didn’t know they had a thing with Colchester

Moody

I thought the whole point of Charlton fans not being as loud and as passionate as Millwall fans was because they are at least so much smarter than us... Yet this one posts this:

0F605DFC-C587-47E4-94C6-3C2B34C776E1.jpeg
The link then takes you to an article where the Millwall Athletic, not Rovers, team that won the Southern League (which they also pioneered) are pictured.

The boys that founded Charlton in 1905 named themselves after this famous team, after they had created history with fine runs to the FA Cup semi-finals in 1900 and 1903, earning the nickname Lions of the South with victories over the big clubs of the day in Preston, Derby County, Everton and the mighty Aston Villa - so they should get their name correct.

However, a few on there think Amos is not only the best GK in League One, but is top quality Championship level and even PL... so clearly they’re not all that smart!