Just Back v Swansea on Sky

Just watched the extended highlights and they confirm what others have said on here that it was a decent first half except for the last 60 seconds. Their midfielder battles for the ball with Dutch and Billy but wriggles clear, takes it past Pearce and a couple of passes later the ball finds its way to Ayew. Molly just gives him too much space and is unable to cover the shot when he pulls it back onto his left foot. A yard closer and he might have got a block in. The shot was well placed and Bart stood no chance.
At the start of the second half if Cooper’s header had been six inches to the right it would have squirmed in at the far post for 1-1 and it would have been a very different game. As it was, we went for it with 20 to go but we were exposed with four at the back. Romeo was caught out twice for both of Lowe’s goals and even Ken’s great shot couldn’t save the day late on. We were second best for much of the game and in the last twenty minutes they finished us off.
We really did miss Hutch with his forceful defending in the middle and also Jed and Bennett didn’t click as well as they have in the last month. And life doesn’t get any easier with our next three games starting with Brentford. Still, other than pride we don’t have anything to lose so let’s just go for it.

Romeo didn’t cover himself with glory for either of Lowe’s goals but their 2nd was primarily down to Bennett getting caught in possession in midfield instead of doing the simple thing and laying the ball off 1st or 2nd touch.

All 3 of their goals were excellent finishes but stemmed from our mistakes.

Jed and Bennett might work away but not at home, especially when we go behind.

Romeo didn’t cover himself with glory for either of Lowe’s goals but their 2nd was primarily down to Bennett getting caught in possession in midfield instead of doing the simple thing and laying the ball off 1st or 2nd touch.

All 3 of their goals were excellent finishes but stemmed from our mistakes.

Jed and Bennett might work away but not at home, especially when we go behind.
Purely I can see the first two were self-inflicted but the third? As others have said Molly should have been in Ayew’s face not 10 yards off him and also show him outside ffs! Either of Mitchell’s or Coops chances could have gone in and a totally different game.
Unlucky you Lions!

We can't play 4 at the back.
We ship 2 or 3 goals every time.
Our centre backs are far too slow to play 4 at the back.
Malone even when it was a 5 has to remember he is actually the left back in a five when we are defending....he wasn't tracking back all the first half I noticed before the Goal emphasised the fact.The bloke has started believe he is a left sided attack in a front 3.
Romeo seems to get caught out of position or not tight enough as well on quite a few goals this season.
I dont know why he took Danny Mac off he was our brightest player good on the attack and getting stuck in in defence has a great engine on him.
I'd rather see him experiment with Romeo in a back three like Paul Parker was in Italia 90 a short but mobile player.

Purely I can see the first two were self-inflicted but the third?
Romeo is goalside of Ayew and goes to ground on his arse allowing Ayew to square the ball to Lowe, who finishes well.

If Marlon had stayed on his feet Ayew would not have been able to lay back and, if he had crossed, our CDs would probably have cleared any ball that he played in..

Romeo is goalside of Ayew and goes to ground on his arse allowing Ayew to square the ball to Lowe, who finishes well.

If Marlon had stayed on his feet Ayew would not have been able to lay back and, if he had crossed, our CDs would probably have cleared any ball that he played in..
Thanks I see what you mean and I think there’s a suggestion that Molly lost possession before that.

Thanks Silvdr. Very informative as usual. Frankly I was'nt surprised. Swansea had lost four on the trot and we hadn't lost for four. It was what the Gods ordained.