Just Back V Bournemouth on iFlop

rooferboy

Saturday at forest, every time we have a blinding performance we follow it with a very abject performance, how many times has this been.

midway lion

Cheers Long John, I said before the game it would be a lot
tighter than people were predicting. Some very good play
and little evidence of hoof-ball. Well done GR.
Bart, one mistake and a couple of good saves.
Mac, Outstanding on his debut, MOM
Hutch, solid game against Premiership forwards.
Pierce, 100% commitment ,but the legs have gone.
Cooper, Same as Hutch.
Malone. A very good game which is keeping his "Haters
Arms " fan club quiet ( for the moment )
Woods, A much better performance by the ginger ninja.
Leonard, Ran all night and held his own against them.
Jed, Not firing at the moment, but will return to form.
Zahore, Playing like a Premiership striker should, led
the line superbly.
Parrot, Put in a shift in a position that doesn't suit him.

COYL !

kevrelles

Pick the same starting 11 for Saturday, but if need be bring on smith earlier so we have more chance of getting a winner

CJEXPAT

I only managed to watch the extended highlights this morning. And it looked like a good all round performance, and agree with previous comments that Jed should really have done better and so far this season has not found his top form. Also think that Woods from what I saw in the highlights seemed to be more of a spectator and did not make a meaningful pass or tackle, his form over the last 5 or 6 games has not been on par with last season. Gets caught in possession to much and tends to slow the game down. Hope he improves soon and both he and Jed start performing to the ability that they are both capable of. Otherwise they should spend sometime on the bench.

rotherwall

I think a lot people on here would agree Troy Parrott hasn't pulled up any trees and George Alexander must be thinking what he has to do to get into the matchday squad at least. He must be worth a try sooner rather than later.

STWall

Two contrasting views from the managers. The bit I've highlighted doesn't match the stats does it? What a wanker!

Bournemouth boss Jason Tindall told BBC Radio Solent:

"Unfortunately for us they ended up scoring from a set play which was disappointing in the sense of how we defended it and ultimately that's cost us the two points.

"They look to frustrate, get people behind the ball and then they look to wait for a mistake and hit you on the counter attack or score from a set play.

"But you still have to defend the situation better and that was the disappointing thing.

"Once we got ourselves in front I thought we'd be OK and create another moment that would hopefully put the game to bed, but we didn't."

Millwall boss Gary Rowett:

"I did not think the substitution would work within one touch so I am not going to claim that as a genius decision.

"We had far better chances and more than twice the number of shots of Bournemouth.

"We had a one-on-one with the goalkeeper, had one shot cleared off the line, hit the post and had numerous other chances.

"To concede so late in the first half after playing so well was a real slap in the face.

"That is Norwich away, a point, and Bournemouth away, a point. You have to look at those as good points."

onlyagame

onlyagame, it’s not about cunting Jed off, it’s about what the supporters (and no doubt the manager and his fellow team mates) expect of him as a midfield player. You’re right, Jed is our top scorer, and when he’s on form, is our best player, and as our best player, is expected by the supporters that revere him, to lead by example and give 110% every time he goes out onto the pitch!
Now, sometimes that 110% effort is there and sometimes it’s not, but it’s that inconsistency, along with making final decisions that seem to end up being onlyagame, it’s not about cunting Jed off, it’s about what the supporters (and no doubt the manager and his fellow team mates) expect of him as a midfield player. You’re right, Jed is our top scorer, and when he’s on form, is our best player, and as our best player, is expected by the supporters that revere him, to lead by example and give 110% every time he goes out onto the pitch!
Now, sometimes that 110% effort is there and sometimes it’s not, but it’s that inconsistency, along with making final decisions that seem to end up being the wrong ones, which has stopped one of the big boys coming in for Jed. Those scouts know, as we do, that Jed has the talent, but not always the application.

How many times has Jed done all the hard work, winning the ball, only to then take an extra touch that’s not needed, and lose the ball to the opposition player? How many times should he have passed to a team mate who’s in a better position to score, but instead took it on himself for the glory, only to see the end result go badly wrong? How many of those wrong decisions have stopped him scoring extra goals that would have turned losses into draws and draws into wins?

Do you seriously believe that any of the strikers in the Championship top 6, when faced with a one on one with the opposition goal keeper, would NUTMEG him, rather than taking the easiest and most logical action, which would be to dink the ball over the keeper and into the net? Of course they wouldn’t. They’d have taken the easiest option every time!

Its instances like that, and the others I’ve mentioned, is why Jed gets the stick that he does. For a confident, talented footballer, with a good footballer’s brain, the game should be easy to play. Why is it then, with Jed possessing that talent, he sometimes makes the game so, so hard for himself?
Ok, just for you, Purley & the others I will take a closer look at Jed on Saturday. But can I just say that Jed is not supposed to be a top Championship striker (our forwards are) and I still believe the way he rode the challenge before his miss was exceptional. You might have also forgotten the one two with Zahore which led to him crossing the ball for Polly to cock up? The fans got rid of NH for playing boring football, surely Jed is the one player who plays attacking football? Bear in mind it was also the first time he had played with the new right back so they won’t gel just yet, and also the following stats:
Mahoney: 101 games & 5 goals
Jed: 305 league games & 58 goals
Although to be fair to Connor a lot of his appearances have been as a sub

Life with the Lions

Ok, just for you, Purley & the others I will take a closer look at Jed on Saturday. But can I just say that Jed is not supposed to be a top Championship striker (our forwards are) and I still believe the way he rode the challenge before his miss was exceptional. You might have also forgotten the one two with Zahore which led to him crossing the ball for Polly to cock up? The fans got rid of NH for playing boring football, surely Jed is the one player who plays attacking football? Bear in mind it was also the first time he had played with the new right back so they won’t gel just yet, and also the following stats:
Mahoney: 101 games & 5 goals
Jed: 305 league games & 58 goals
Although to be fair to Connor a lot of his appearances have been as a sub
I’m sure, onlyagame, that when you watch Jed on Saturday, he’ll have an absolute blinder of a game, and probably score a hat trick lol.

I think Purley, myself and others know that Jed isn’t a top Championship striker! What he should be, and only shows it here and there, is a consistent top Championship midfielder!

It’s not riding challenges, or lovely one twos that we want from Jed (most reasonably skilled midfielders can do those things - even Leonard and Williams sometimes), it’s the little things he should be doing, but doesn’t, that frustrates us!

As I said in the post you’re now replying to, it’s Jed’s decision making sometimes that has either cost us points, or failed to get us the points that turn a loss into a draw and a draw into a win!

Rowett needs to tell Jed that he isn’t Roy of the Rovers, and that he shouldn’t be expected to do it all! I’m sure Jed feels the heavy weight of expectation on him, but that’s only because, when he does make the right decisions, he’s a superbly gifted player!

He just needs to show that side of his game a lot more!