Just Back v Arsenal on Arsenal TV

silverlion

Staff member
A decent work out against a very fluent Gunners and a just result.

We started with
Long
Romeo Ballard Pearce Cooper Molly
Leonard Evans Mahoney
Benik Bradshaw

We started well and gave as good as we got for the first 15. From a free kick into the box Cooper hit a post and after a swing and a miss from Bradshaw the ball fell quickly to Benik who struck it well from ten yards but the keeper made a good save to push it wide. They came into it and controlled the play with good movement and slick play. A ball got pushed out to Aubamayeng who hit a shot, it came back off the bar and Chambers slotted in the rebound from ten yards. We were on the back foot for much of the half but a free kick on 36 from Mahoney produced a standard save. On 42 Molly hit a free kick over.

We made changes in the second half. Murray came on for Pearce, Ben replaced Leonard, Mitchell came on for Mahoney and Bod came on for Bradshaw. We had less composure in the second period and they went 2-0 up with a Lacazette header at the far post from a Chambers cross. They went three up after a mix up set Lacazette free who set up Pepe for a tap in. And it was 4 after 73 when Willian set up Balogun for a side foot past Long. We had made changes after 60. Danny replaced Mahlon, Smith for Benik And Bennett for Evans. They still pressed us back and had control of the game. At 80 Burey came on for Molly and Alex Mitchell came on for Ballard as we went four at the back. On 89 a cross from the right was headed back by Murray to Alex Mitchell who nodded home for 1-4.

This was my first look at our new squad. Long looked OK and could do little about the goals he conceded. He made a couple of decent saves. Romeo had his work cut out with Tierny and struggled to contain him. Ballard looked impressive and never really got caught out. Pearce was solid but no different from last season. Molly got forward well but looked a bit rusty with his crosses.
Leonard looked half a yard short but put in a shift. Evans looked raw and put in some crunching tackles but rarely looked a threat. Mahoney looked composed on the ball and played well in spells. Afobe looked half decent and a minor threat. Bradshaw looked busy but never threatened.
Second half Murray looked solid, Ben looked busy but rarely threatened, Mitchell was similar and Bod tried but never really looked a threat. Smith won some headers but never looked like scoring. Bennett looked his aggressive self and looked a threat on the ball, Burey looked busy and Alex Mitchell just slotted in for the last ten. MOM for me was Ballard who looked solid and composed and looked a great signing. It was a competitive game and had good pace but we were nearly always second best.

Cheers mate.
You think they might fancy a swap deal with Bod for one of their club shop cashiers?

Last edited:
I'd say certain players are ahead of others ie fitness/ natural fitness/skill and Rowett is taking these few behind close door games to up their fitness and extra look as well see much more of our starting first team (over the next week) that starts the season and what the fuck Pearc is doing there im speechless and baffled his legs are totally not up to it.

I'd say certain players are ahead of others ie fitness/ natural fitness/skill and Rowett is taking these few behind close door games to up their fitness and extra look as well see much more of our starting first team (over the next week) that starts the season and what the fuck Pearc is doing there im speechless and baffled his legs are totally not up to it.
Bart, Saville, Keif, Hutch and Jed out because of contracting COVID or in isolation because they have been in contact with someone that has it.

Last edited:
It got me thinking too! I would say our best four are probably Saville, Jed, Hutch and Bart. With those four in yesterday’s line up it could have been a closer game.

I have no idea why we gave Pearce another contract.We have Hutch, Cooper, Murray,Ballard and Mitchell who are Centre Backs and Muller out on loan. Evans, Leonard and even Romeo can play there as back up. That's 10 outfield players we can field as Centre Backs! We could have used the wages for Pearce to sign another forward.

I have no idea why we gave Pearce another contract.We have Hutch, Cooper, Murray,Ballard and Mitchell who are Centre Backs and Muller out on loan. Evans, Leonard and even Romeo can play there as back up. That's 10 outfield players we can field as Centre Backs! We could have used the wages for Pearce to sign another forward.

It’s baffling but I never want to see Evans at CB again!!!

Exactly mate old pals act with Rowett I'd say.