Jed Wallace.

Agreed but had a chance today as an attacking midfielder and his distribution was poor and he missed our best chance.

That being said, in the 37th minute he surged to the byline and put a low (poor) cross into the box, all he had to aim for was Smith & Bodvarsson, no midfielders were busting a gut to get around the box, they were around the semi circle - I wonder who gave them kind of instructions.

Jed has been poor last season and this and gets an easy ride on social media and from Harris, unlike others

The fella ran his bollocks off today and several times picked up the ball deep in our own half and ran the length of the pitch outpacing two, three and on one occasion four QPR players. If anything was gonna come from open play it was gonna come through him.

If everyone else on that pitch in a Millwall shirt matched his determination to make something happen we wouldn’t be doing half as shit as we are.

SE14

The fella ran his bollocks off today and several times picked up the ball deep in our own half and ran the length of the pitch outpacing two, three and on one occasion four QPR players. If anything was gonna come from open play it was gonna come through him.

If everyone else on that pitch in a Millwall shirt matched his determination to make something happen we wouldn’t be doing half as shit as we are.
Jed seems do do all the hard work when attacking but seems to lose the ball or make the wrong pass
at the chance of a goal attempt. He looked lost in the first half today.

Fair comments but all too often he flatters to deceive and runs into spaces he could pass the ball into

LadyLion

Jed may give away the ball at times and make some poor decisions but his energy level is unmatched. Smith was poor from kick off to the final whistle. Barely got his head on the ball. Bod was poor too.
Lots of disagreements around me at the final whistle. Some blaming the players. Some blaming Harris.

Peckham Lion

I disagree. Smith hardly got his head on the ball and looked finished by 60 minutes.
I said both were poor due to no one passing to feet, it was continuously hoofed at them and Smith had two defenders on him, maybe we should try playing to their strengths. It was the same old crap that Morison and Gregory had to put up with. Smith should have gone off for Bradshaw but Harris is a gambler, so he stayed on.

Voice of Reason

What could Jed do to improve his shooting? I am sure he will be putting in the extra hours at this in training. Is there something he is failing to do when trying for a goal?

marka

Some fair points firstly Jed difficult one has this fella can travel with the ball but no end product agreed not a winger just need to work on his finishing and play just behind the forwards. Smith I did not want Millwall to sign this fella to be honest because of the hoofball.
He is not my type of player I prefer the fast forward on the defenders shoulder or runs at defenders.

You are right but his main problem is when he gets the ball his head is down and looks to run at players
I said both were poor due to no one passing to feet, it was continuously hoofed at them and Smith had two defenders on him, maybe we should try playing to their strengths. It was the same old crap that Morison and Gregory had to put up with. Smith should have gone off for Bradshaw but Harris is a gambler, so he stayed on.
Smith picked up a knock in the first half, which made him even slower, he could barely move!
As usual, Harris took too long to make a sub and made the wrong one leaving him on.

Some fair points firstly Jed difficult one has this fella can travel with the ball but no end product agreed not a winger just need to work on his finishing and play just behind the forwards. Smith I did not want Millwall to sign this fella to be honest because of the hoofball.
He is not my type of player I prefer the fast forward on the defenders shoulder or runs at defenders.
He does travel well with the ball but needs to know when to do this as sometimes he should just put his foot on the ball and look up not head down and run down a blind alley coming to nothing.
Cannot fault his effort though.

I thought Jed turned in a curator's egg performance yesterday.

Apart from, as Bex described, him getting to the left byline his 1st half performance was poor. At half-time the guy sitting next to me said he had counted Jed giving the ball away 9 times. Also a consequence of Neil playing, in effect, 3-4-1-2 was that we were one short in the defending department against us playing 4-4-2 and QPR dominated.

In the 2nd half, Jed came alive, ironically on the wings using his pace to race pass the QPR full-backs and had a snapshot saved. I wasn't behind the goal so can't comment on his miss but it looked a poor one.

I don't know where we go with Jed, does his occasional strengths outweigh his persistent short-comings? I'm not convinced.

Members online