January signings

Froada

Would we be better going out spending reasonably high and getting a creative midfielder in?
I know our forwards miss shit loads but most of our chances are scraps and not decent created chances and rare. This is why we rue our misses so much, and have done for years.
We need someone who carries the ball forward and bosses around the halfway line and further forward. Woods does it, but sits too deep.
As Whiskey said in another post, Shearer could have been talking about us. Sideways and backwards.

whiskylion

Would we be better going out spending reasonably high and getting a creative midfielder in?
I know our forwards miss shit loads but most of our chances are scraps and not decent created chances and rare. This is why we rue our misses so much, and have done for years.
We need someone who carries the ball forward and bosses around the halfway line and further forward. Woods does it, but sits too deep.
As Whiskey said in another post, Shearer could have been talking about us. Sideways and backwards.
Surely there is now a case to get our lad back from Brighton where he is rotting and not always even making their bench... makes an injury time appearance if really lucky.

And for up front, why don't we make a cheeky bid for whatever striker is leading the Div 1 charts come new year's day....(whizz, whizz, whizz...plop!)....

Eamon Dunphys tackle

Surely there is now a case to get our lad back from Brighton where he is rotting and not always even making their bench... makes an injury time appearance if really lucky.

And for up front, why don't we make a cheeky bid for whatever striker is leading the Div 1 charts come new year's day....(whizz, whizz, whizz...plop!)....
I've said on here before, Joe Piggott of AFC Wimbledon. Take a chance.

Peckham Lion

It would be nice but highly unlikely now. He'll get his chance to cement a place in the Brighton side sooner or later.

Jayson Molumby on Twitter: "@premierleague debut proud moment thanks to all the underage coaches throughout the club for the last few years @OfficialBHAFC ⚽️ https://t.co/jOXv3THIgW" / Twitter

SEL

Marquis back?

whiskylion

Please god, not again. :shake:
One hundred percent guaranteed to hook a particular mug...and bingo!

Where's the landing net...?

mfcjohn

I don't see why so many people are on bradshaw's case, I have seen him miss one good chance and the rest are only half chances

Saying we should go out and get a new player who will score 10+ goals is easy to say but not easy to do.

CrawLion

I'd love it if we could splash out and buy some top notch players in January, but it's just not going to happen. We have to get the best out of the players we have. That is why GR has such a hard job on his hands, imo. If Parrot starts to deliver on the promise he's shown at Spurs and KZ gets fit we will be okay.

BT-Steve

I think we have done well with what we've got. No crowds equals a massive downturn in money, we are very lucky to still be going. I think if we can again just stay in the division, write this season off and hopefully build for next season, which will hopefully be back to some form of normality. Boring I know, but like many other teams we are in trouble with no income.

mfcjohn

Clubs without very rich owners will take years to recover from this.

It will not be just a case of, ok the season is over and we can go spend when the window opens, budgets will be slashed again in the hope of making up on this season.
It will continue for a few seasons after also, we have only made a profit in the season we sold Saville recently.
Unless we show some form that the current team can do something this season, I think player sales will be forthcoming, and with a lot of players contracts up at the end of the season, we could be in for a very big rebuild.

The Humble One

WelI I think the answer is bloody obvious. "Woods does it but sits too deep". So since a defensive pain in the arse midfielder should be cheaper let's buy one and release Woods. That's if we need two, count them 2, defensive central midfielders in there against some of these teams in the first place.