I'm afraid I have lost it

lionheart48

My sense of humour that is, nothing even makes me smile on the telly anymore.

The snowflake comedy has totally gone over my head and passed me by, was there an happening or event were they decided that this is the new humour, there was always shit humour that quickly got pulled from the media if viewing figures plummeted in successive shows but now you hear there is an audience of a million or so and they run and run.
How does that Katherine Ryan bird get away with it, comedians worked for years in pubs and clubs before they ever hit the screen and we had seen and heard of them performing but they had to tone it down on the telly.
Now someone appears on the box and then their name is flashed up with the title comedian because you would never have known without the introduction, no wonder we have become a nation of youtubers having to visit past comedy shows.

lionheart48

It is called getting old LH.
A different generation has taken over the mainstream.
We are now yesterday's people.
What we like and think does not really matter anymore.

That is the brutal truth of the matter.
It could be worse. If they turned Manze's into a vape shop, that really would be tragic, wouldn't it?
Paul, You can put it down to age but why are there such small audiences viewing if its value in todays comedy market, they used to pull shows that failed to reach 10 million on Weekend Primetime.
Did you ever see Bernard Manning introduced with the words Comedian under his name on screen.
Things like The Office were brilliant and fairly recent, Ok not everyone liked it but shows that came from BBC2 onto BBC1 were without doubt popular, what current comedy has done this to a mass audience, shows like Little Britain and Gavin and Stacey came from BBC4 onto mainstream BBC.
Paul, its not age but PC that has killed humour they are now cattering for such a cross section of society that the bounderies are so narrow now.

lionheart48

Black adder, fools and horses etc all great. stand up comedians today pretty shit on the whole.
Also getting old makes us more critical and grumpy cunts
I don't think so, I still laugh at trench/gallows humour.
I may not get the fame thing, being a celebrity for not having any particular talent has passed me by.
Comedy is stretching the boundaries, but life no longer does that, still today there is no subject that is out of bounds in my humour, but it needs to be funny if you cross any threshold and not just shock humour.

BigPaul

Paul, You can put it down to age but why are there such small audiences viewing if its value in todays comedy market, they used to pull shows that failed to reach 10 million on Weekend Primetime.
Did you ever see Bernard Manning introduced with the words Comedian under his name on screen.
Things like The Office were brilliant and fairly recent, Ok not everyone liked it but shows that came from BBC2 onto BBC1 were without doubt popular, what current comedy has done this to a mass audience, shows like Little Britain and Gavin and Stacey came from BBC4 onto mainstream BBC.
Paul, its not age but PC that has killed humour they are now cattering for such a cross section of society that the bounderies are so narrow now.

I don't watch the television any more.
There is no budget anymore for producing programmesthat might entertain anyone with a brain.
The reality shows have killed it for me.
I don't give a fuck if some new age hippy can repair a squeeze box or if some no mark can make a cake.
When you consider all this, you can better understand why iFilth think they can get away with the dross they offer us.
The whole world has dumbed down. That's the truth of it.