If you wondered why France is behind with vaccinations.....NW

BigPaul

Our doctor recently made appointments for us to be vaccinated.
Unfortunately, when she rang with the dates I was out, so Mrs BP took the call.
She wrote down the dates and passed the paper to me.
I noted the dates in my PC and threw her note in the bin.

Anyway, we were discussing our upcoming appointments the other day, and I said, "Oh by the way, you know those dates you gave me are both Saturdays?"
"Oh, that doesn't seem right", she said.

So, this morning, I called the vaccination centre to confirm the dates.
The woman told me 2 things...
1. They don't open on a Saturday
and
2. They don't keep a list of appointments made by doctors.

Therefore, I must phone the doctor to confirm the dates of our appointments.
So, I phoned the doctor immediately.
You've guessed it....the receptionist said that I must contact the vaccination centre, as they don't keep a record of appointments that they have made on behalf of patients!

There was a time when such a shambles would have led me to see red mist and get really angry.
However, after nearly 20 years in France, I am not in the least bit surprised. I have long since learned that getting angry is absolutely pointless and will get me nowhere.

We are just one couple in a small town in rural France. If you extrapolate that level of incompetence across the whole of France, you can see why this country is lagging so far behind.

OK, the original mistake may have been made by Mrs BP, but how can they know they are vaccinating the right people if they don't keep lists of appointments?
Only in France.

whiskylion

Anyway, we were discussing our upcoming appointments the other day, and I said, "Oh by the way, you know those dates you gave me are both Saturdays?"

and

You've guessed it....the receptionist said that I must contact the vaccination centre, as they don't keep a record of appointments that they have made on behalf of patients!

There was a time when such a shambles would have led me to see red mist and get really angry.
However, after nearly 20 years in France, I am not in the least bit surprised. I have long since learned that getting angry is absolutely pointless and will get me nowhere.

We are just one couple in a small town in rural France. If you extrapolate that level of incompetence across the whole of France, you can see why this country is lagging so far behind.

OK, the original mistake may have been made by Mrs BP, but how can they know they are vaccinating the right people if they don't keep lists of appointments?
Only in France.
And also, probably, because you are English...

Remind me, one day, to tell you what a close friend of mine, who is French, went through, to renew her passport.

When she complained about the delay - which meant she couldn't travekand do her job - the French civil servant told her coldly down the phone: "Well, it's your fault for marrying an Englishman and living in England."

I think if it was possible for her at that moment to become a British subject and turn her back on France, she would have done so...

Gerry

and

Only in France.
Curious....one of my sons has been requisitioned to « work « at a vaccination centre for the past two Saturdays with more Saturdays likely. He has to check the identities of the people who turn up with the names on the list who have appointments....are you sure you talked to the right person?

ballsey

We ain't great either,
I had to go UCLH hospital for 9:30 easter sunday for a day case nothing to do with covid, having been messed about previous, before Christmas.

I asked the reception that booked the appointment you sure about Easter Sunday? your sure they will turn up?
Got there at 9:00 doctor has rang up sick.

So it's not just France happens everywhere.

Stowwall

We ain't great either,
I had to go UCLH hospital for 9:30 easter sunday for a day case nothing to do with covid, having been messed about previous, before Christmas.

I asked the reception that booked the appointment you sure about Easter Sunday? your sure they will turn up?

To be fair the weather was really good on Sunday.

BigPaul

Curious....one of my sons has been requisitioned to « work « at a vaccination centre for the past two Saturdays with more Saturdays likely. He has to check the identities of the people who turn up with the names on the list who have appointments....are you sure you talked to the right person?
I talked to the woman who answered the phone.
She didn’t offer to refer me to anyone else.
The doctor is meant to be ringing me back, so maybe she has the answer.
Who knows?😀

BigPaul

We ain't great either,

You can’t beat bad luck.😀😀😀

BigPaul

And also, probably, because you are English...

Remind me, one day, to tell you what a close friend of mine, who is French, went through, to renew her passport.

When she complained about the delay - which meant she couldn't travekand do her job - the French civil servant told her coldly down the phone: "Well, it's your fault for marrying an Englishman and living in England."

I think if it was possible for her at that moment to become a British subject and turn her back on France, she would have done so...
That is so typical of French administration.
Nothing is ever their fault.
They deliberately keep their desks piled high to show how busy they are and justify their existence.