If you could back to another period of your life

Which period

• Total voters

Wippa

Mid 90’s. My late teens/early 20’s.
Loved it. Lived in Tenerife for a while. Summer of 96 was just insane out there. Could still have a booze without all the consequences I seem to get now. Dropping pills and having a sniff without a bout of depression following the next day or three. Fucking different birds all the time. Could go Millwall and just disappear for the weekend without having anyone on your case. Could still have a tear up at football without getting stupid bird for it. Not a care in the world really. Just wish I could remember more of it 😆

Last edited:

Eamon Dunphys tackle

I've cast my vote, but I tell you what, apart from the time periods on the vote, I think I would have preferred to have lived during the 2nd World War, when you knew who the enemy was and everyone pulled together for this country.
Nowadays you hardly know who your neighbours are.
No doubt during those dark days it was frightening, but you had good people to be frightened together with then.

Beaufoyboy

where would you choose....

did it thinking no one is over 70ish on here or below late 20's

and did it because i would probably tick all those boxes if i could NOT to live in this current 'Social Justice' Age..

Toss up between mid 80's and late 80's for me...late 80's was chosen eventually probably because it coincided with Millwalls Golden period

EVOJM1972

I've cast my vote, but I tell you what, apart from the time periods on the vote, I think I would have preferred to have lived during the 2nd World War, when you knew who the enemy was and everyone pulled together for this country.
No doubt during those dark days it was frightening, but you had good people to be frightened together with then.
Too right mate. You're neighbours are more likely to grass you up now for having someone around your house! Makes you wonder if the even know this country fought a war against a country and regime where that was the norm

Gaeilge Millwall

Bit strong E D T........... I have no doubt that this generation would have no trouble standing up to the Germans. They would let the nazi's know that they were terribly offended by the war, and would demand that the police do something about it. They would all proudly display the rainbow flag as a sign of togetherness and inclusion. They would not be deterred by the bombings and still take the knee at the said times.
They would question the governments decision to actually fight back, and insist that if they gave the country to the Germans then nobody would actually die.
I have no doubt that they would demand P O W camps have safe spaces in them, and no one is to shout at jerry.

I could go on and on, but you get my drift :):):)

partisan_lion

79 to 89 Post punk all the way to acid house.
If I could go back I’d get to see bands that I never got around to seeing.Top grade drugs and more top grade drugs when I discovered acid house in 87,funny to think about me and my post punk mates switching musical styles.
Sling in watching Millwall at the old place and the 80’s didn’t seem a bad decade to be alive and young.