I got a speeding tickt in the post. NW

BigPaul

They have done me for 81KPH in an 80 limit. I kid you not. 45€ and 1 point on my licence.

That is the same as being done for 50.5 MPH in a 50 limit in England.

When I see some of the idiots who overtake me when I am driving at the speed limit it makes me a little cross.

markmwal953

You should appeal that mate , fkn liberty .sure you are allowed 3% over limit or something like that ,you in Ireland ? I drive over there few times a year I know they shit hot with it over there but like you say some loons drive ton or more as they know where cameras are as most mobile and ya usually get a heads up from drivers coming other way .

BigPaul

In fairness, they reckon to have clocked me at a bit more, and 81 is the total after they give me a bit.
There is nothing to be done except pay it.

lionheart48

They have done me for 81KPH in an 80 limit. I kid you not. 45€ and 1 point on my licence.

That is the same as being done for 50.5 MPH in a 50 limit in England.

When I see some of the idiots who overtake me when I am driving at the speed limit it makes me a little cross.
Did you have the blue light on and ringing the bell.
It's sickening, got done recently for a two foot overhang in a yellow box when the bitch in front stopped short of the car she was following.

mfcjohn

I would appeal it

Have them prove to you that you was doing that speed
Have them prove that the specific piece of equipment is 100% in working order.

westlion 2

I would appeal it

Have them prove to you that you was doing that speed
Have them prove that the specific piece of equipment is 100% in working order.
calibration of car speedo is always vague and can be used as evidence as mfc john says

BigPaul

Never register a car at your own address. There is nothing to be gained from it.
Haha. Nice idea, Arthur, but impossible in practice.
When you buy from a private buyer, possibly.
But, buying new from the dealership, absolutely impossible.
They require your driving licence and proof of address, and THEY register the car to that address.

Thanks for all your pieces of advice, but I'm going to pay this one, much as it grates. I am all for appealing against injustice. (such as the tax bill I got last year, and won)

However, on this occasion, I have to suck it up.
For 45€ it is not worth all the aggro that goes with an appeal.