I can't believe how stupid some people are nw

Kryan Bing

One smart phone, one IMEI code. It does not help changing the sims which also have their own IMSI code. Both codes can be tracked and they can see you have changed the sim.

I was just jesting, Happy. Hence, the 'Viz Tip' remark. Although, I didn't know that.

I was really talking about two profiles/sim users on one/the same phone, each with a different number. The powers to be wouldn't have a clue who was physically using the phone each time it left the house if the profile had been switched. They would know the phone was on the move and either sim A, or sim B was being used, but that's about it though. You could walk out firstly under you own account sim, then switch over to you wife's sim number/profile, couldn't you? Or am I misunderstanding this?

:help:

King of The Jungle

Staff member
This is to do with lockdown here in France.
In order to go out anywhere you have to have an attestation.
You fill it out yourself before you go out. It includes date and time and reason for going out.
I do this on paper every time I go out, for example to walk the dog, which I am allowed to do once a day.
Because I see no logical reason for the once a day nonsense, I go twice a day, as usual.

Now, to save paper, ink and time, the government has devised an app for smartphones. How helpful of them.
You download the app. Then you put in all your personal details, including date of birth.
The attestation form comes up and each time you go out you simply put in the date time and reason for your journey.

I'm sure you can all see the problem with this. If you are going out more frequently than the stupid rules allow, the police don't even have to catch you doing it! Every time you do one of these things on the phone every detail is stored in the central computer, and they have a complete record of every journey you have made, including your destination with GPS co-ordinates!

I know people who are doing this. How thick can you be?
Yep, most people are thick as shit. Just see what people deliberately put on things like Facebook... The amount of personal information that can be harvested from what people willingly put on public view is astounding.

King of The Jungle

Staff member
One smart phone, one IMEI code. It does not help changing the sims which also have their own IMSI code. Both codes can be tracked and they can see you have changed the sim.
Correct. The answer is to turn your phone off. Besides, these batteries do really run down quickly nowadays...

HappyLion

I was just jesting, Happy. Hence, the 'Viz Tip' remark. Although, I didn't know that.

I was really talking about two profiles/sim users on one/the same phone, each with a different number. The powers to be wouldn't have a clue who was physically using the phone each time it left the house if the profile had been switched. They would know the phone was on the move and either sim A, or sim B was being used, but that's about it though. You could walk out firstly under you own account sim, then switch over to you wife's sim number/profile, couldn't you? Or am I misunderstanding this?

Reminded me I got a viz annual for Christmas I have not read,

Last edited:

HappyLion

They would know the phone was on the move and either sim A, or sim B was being used, but that's about it though. You could walk out firstly under you own account sim, then switch over to you wife's sim number/profile, couldn't you? Or am I misunderstanding this?

Both the phone and the sim details are picked up by the mast and your provider. So it does not matter what sim you have in the phone as the phone itself can be tracked. There is a way round this which I can not share.

leFerne

Both the phone and the sim details are picked up by the mast and your provider. So it does not matter what sim you have in the phone as the phone itself can be tracked. There is a way round this which I can not share.
Walk about with your phone in a bucket of water?