Hutch

Bexleyheath_lion

Give Muller some game time, GR said himself he’d be alright in a back 3 and he’d have Wallace & Cooper to look after him.

Rowett won’t do that though, he’ll play Pearce who is a liability or Evans out of position

silverlion

I think that Evans can play either midfield or CB. GR bought him to play more in midfield but I think that he has shown himself to be more than capable of playing CB. Another option is to play Leonard there who did a decent job earlier in the season.
Muller is certainly an option in the back three but maybe not until we are rock solid certain that we won’t make the play offs. All the time there is a chance then I don’t think that GR will make him or anybody else in the 23’s a starter. The final game at Coventry might be the game he throws caution to the wind.

Bexleyheath_lion

I think that Evans can play either midfield or CB. GR bought him to play more in midfield but I think that he has shown himself to be more than capable of playing CB. Another option is to play Leonard there who did a decent job earlier in the season.
Muller is certainly an option in the back three but maybe not until we are rock solid certain that we won’t make the play offs. All the time there is a chance then I don’t think that GR will make him or anybody else in the 23’s a starter. The final game at Coventry might be the game he throws caution to the wind.

I don’t understand this principle of not giving a player a chance unless there’s sweet fa riding on it - how does that help give them experience or the manager understand how they handle pressure or what their temperament is like? Either we have faith in our youth set up or we bin it off - and if I were JB id be fuming at the success of either the youth set up or the management for failing to utilise it when I’m stumping up £5m large a year to fund the club

whiskylion

I don’t understand this principle of not giving a player a chance unless there’s sweet fa riding on it - how does that help give them experience or the manager understand how they handle pressure or what their temperament is like? Either we have faith in our youth set up or we bin it off - and if I were JB id be fuming at the success of either the youth set up or the management for failing to utilise it when I’m stumping up £5m large a year to fund the club
Agreed.

This is the time to blood a youngster or two. We are as safe as we'll ever be at this stage of a season.

I get the distinct feeling, however, that GR is slightly more interested in creating a defensive record for the club!

Ilderton Wanderer

Rowett has given more of our own young players a go than any of our recent managers have, McNamara and Mitchell in the starting line up yesterday is testament to that.

The youngsters who deserve to be in and around the first team already are. Anyone who thinks Rowett should blindly throw in four or five of the youth just for the sake of it maybe should pay attention to the U23s results, one win in ten games conceding 21 goals along the way with the latest being a comprehensive 3-0 defeat to Bristol city the other day. That doesn’t suggest that any of them are ready or indeed good enough to step up and play in a top half championship team at the moment.

westlion 2

not wishing to sell our young 'uns but what value would be put on them if they have another season similar to this personally believe more experience and adding a couple of goals would be worth 10 mill each