How long have you been going Wall?

Millwall Vs Stoke 20th February 1999.
2-0 win and 2 of ours sent off, one after a few minutes. Typical Wall, I saw a red card before I ever saw a professional goal live.

I got two free tickets through the community scheme after meeting Cahill and Ifill (I don't know why I hadn't gone before, I have a feeling my Dad didn't think I'd like It and be able to sit there for the 90 minutes). By 2000 I was a season ticket holder.

Last edited:
This is where I embarrass myself by saying that my first time was about '78 or' 79,when my Dad and me went to see his Uncle Bill and Aunt Josie. I was about 12 or 13, and I just remember walking for what seemed like miles to get to the old place. My dad and his uncle walked ahead of me and my dad's cousin Tony, and I recall being afraid of losing sight of the 2 of them, and me getting lost in a big city.
I'm sorry to say that was my only time in the Old Den...... But the seed was planted then. Growing up, the lack of finances, family, kids, job, prevented me going back, but I'm glad that I didn't follow the herd in supporting all the usual dross, and am thankful to my Dad that I'm Wall.

This will be my 44th season, i think it was against Stoke in 77 that my old man decided to blood me. Didn't pay much attention to the games at first as i was probably a bit to young, but more the fact that i was fascinated by the place and people. Seeing the pitch in all it's glory for the first time was fucking superb as i'd only ever seen bits and pieces on the telly. There was a fair crowd that day and lots of swearing and laughter. I got a program and a bag of nuts and was told to by man old man not to fuck about and behave :hehe: What's your story/ memories of your first time?
59 years for me. Always look forward to a new season with the ups and downs of being Wall.

He also got the only goal for us away at Plymouth later that season. The following season he went on that great run scoring in eleven consecutive games. He scored twenty odd league goals and four in the fa cup that same season, not bad for a player accustomed to playing right back or midfield and on a free from the nigels.
That run Lovell had was sensational.
Reckon we stitched the nigels up good and proper by signing him.