Home schooling.

Ulster Lion

My 15 year old daughter is at home for the foreseeable future due to the school closures. She's participating in the on line home schooling, as she's preparing for GCSEs next year. It's an excellent idea to give pupils a structured day at home. They are able to partake in group discussions, and ask the teacher any questions. Being a responsible parent, I would look over her shoulder periodically - even though most of her work is beyond my level of understanding. Earlier there was a group discussion about the pros and cons of education in isolation. One of her points for cons was ' after 15 years, and now being at home 24/7, I have come to the conclusion that my father is either mentally unstable, or just a total twat'........... Nice.

Ulster Lion

Had her over with me a few times, and although not an utter fanatic, there's a special place in her heart for Wall..... So maybe I should just tread carefully. You know what the yoof of today are like.

leFerne

My 12 year old son hates school with a vengeance, I mean really hates going and it's a battle to get him there every single day. Now he's at home his school is using Google classroom or something like that and he is like a new kid. He loves it can't get enough with a different way of learning and says this is how it always should be. Life could be a whole lot different in the future for him and all of us

obeney

Le Ferne , I never. Like hearing a child hates going to school as education is a wonderful thing. Is there a reason behind his hatred of school? Is he possibly being bullied?

EverybodyKnowsUs

My 15 year old daughter is at home for the foreseeable future due to the school closures. She's participating in the on line home schooling, as she's preparing for GCSEs next year. It's an excellent idea to give pupils a structured day at home. They are able to partake in group discussions, and ask the teacher any questions. Being a responsible parent, I would look over her shoulder periodically - even though most of her work is beyond my level of understanding. Earlier there was a group discussion about the pros and cons of education in isolation. One of her points for cons was ' after 15 years, and now being at home 24/7, I have come to the conclusion that my father is either mentally unstable, or just a total twat'........... Nice.
put her in detention and make her write a 1000 lines

I WILL NOT TORMENT THE EMOTIONALLY FRAIL

:grinning:

leFerne

Le Ferne , I never. Like hearing a child hates going to school as education is a wonderful thing. Is there a reason behind his hatred of school? Is he possibly being bullied?
I have thought this and have questioned him about it and I'm sure it's nothing to do with being bullied. He's not the type and as the only Millwall boy in his school the other kids are a bit wary of him. He loves that! He just hates sitting still and being told what to do by those in authority and working online at his own pace suits him better.

Stompie

I have thought this and have questioned him about it and I'm sure it's nothing to do with being bullied. He's not the type and as the only Millwall boy in his school the other kids are a bit wary of him. He loves that! He just hates sitting still and being told what to do by those in authority and working online at his own pace suits him better.
Don't tell Moody I said this, but maybe his teachers are cunts are the school Is full of Illiberal Ideoigists who care more about Identity politics and Brexit bashing then the actuall teachings of religious studies, history and biology?

It sounds far fetched I know but I've heard that one or two schools may be like this.

E18 wall

Some children just don't enjoy school, they can be extremely intelligent but school isn't working for them.,I've always stood by that some apprenticeships etc ,should be started at an earlier age, to stimulate them and thus giving them a decent headstart, rather than fall by the wayside because the system doesn't work for them.

leFerne

Some children just don't enjoy school, they can be extremely intelligent but school isn't working for them.,I've always stood by that some apprenticeships etc ,should be started at an earlier age, to stimulate them and thus giving them a decent headstart, rather than fall by the wayside because the system doesn't work for them.
You're right there mate. My boy has his own toolbox, drills and stuff and already can't wait to get out into the big world and do some work. He's always looking for jobs to do around the house which is good because I'm dog shit at DIY. I don't know where he gets it from although saying that the Milkman used to double up work as a builder....

Ulster Lion

You're right there mate. My boy has his own toolbox, drills and stuff and already can't wait to get out into the big world and do some work. He's always looking for jobs to do around the house which is good because I'm dog shit at DIY. I don't know where he gets it from although saying that the Milkman used to double up work as a builder....
Could he price me a sunroom please? I'd pay him with all the jelly babies he can handle.