Hmm interesting

Beaufoyboy

1564 deaths today of people who have had a postive test yet data goes back to May
Are these lockdowns more than just a virus

now where do I go to get that chip in my head updated

tony_dolby

1564 deaths today of people who have had a postive test yet data goes back to May

This is the actual graph for you of 'deaths within 28 days of a positive test' on the y axis. Without sounding like a conspiracy nutcase, I should point out that a some of these people died 'with' COVID not 'of' or 'from' COVID. The full impact of the lockdown measures on health care won't be known for a few years yet.View attachment export.png

Ulster Lion

I've noticed that on the news recently, TD, that figures are now given as " having died after testing positive for covid", and no longer, " having died of covid".
This now creates ambiguity as to the exact numbers who have lost their lives as a direct result of contracting the virus.

HappyLion

The only graph worth looking at is deaths over 5 bad winters compared to this winter. It is beyond any doubt that this winter is almost off the scale.

tony_dolby

I've noticed that on the news recently, TD, that figures are now given as " having died after testing positive for covid", and no longer, " having died of covid".
This now creates ambiguity as to the exact numbers who have lost their lives as a direct result of contracting the virus.

Indeed. The situation is complex, and getting a true figure is impossible at the moment. It will be the end of next year at the earliest before the true impact of the virus and the lockdowns on all cause mortality becomes clear.

Wippa

This is the actual graph for you of 'deaths within 28 days of a positive test' on the y axis. Without sounding like a conspiracy nutcase, I should point out that a some of these people died 'with' COVID not 'of' or 'from' COVID. The full impact of the lockdown measures on health care won't be known for a few years yet.View attachment 10807
TD, do you think the dying ‘with’ category will be significant? I have a mate who ive had this debate with and he thinks the coincidence of just having the virus but dying of something else will be a ridiculously small number, like 0.0001% small.
I think, bearing in mind lots of people are going to hospital with other issues, but catching the virus in there, then the number will be a lot higher.

tony_dolby

TD, do you think the dying ‘with’ category will be significant? I have a mate who ive had this debate with and he thinks the coincidence of just having the virus but dying of something else will be a ridiculously small number, like 0.0001% small.
I think, bearing in mind lots of people are going to hospital with other issues, but catching the virus in there, then the number will be a lot higher.

You're right, the level of transmission in healthcare settings is very high. The dying 'with' category will be mainly made up of patients with severe dementia or the very elderly. These people would have been expected to die soon (and COVID just took them a bit earlier). If someone with severe dementia has to go into hospital after a fall, then they're at huge risk of dying 'with' COVID because they're probably going to catch the virus in the hospital.

It's quite heartening actually to see how supportive we are as a nation of old people getting vaccinated. My biggest objection to lockdown sceptics is that most seem to be advocating a kind of euthanasia by COVID where the elderly would effectively be sacrificed to allow the rest of us a normal life.

I would have preferred a herd immunity approach and safe effective shielding but it's just not possible to shield the huge numbers of clinically vulnerable people and the elderly from this virus especially with these new variants that have emerged.

Hopefully, this vaccine will allow us to get 'herd immunity' in an ethical way and get this country moving and get some f*cking proper beers in.

Wippa

You're right, the level of transmission in healthcare settings is very high. The dying 'with' category will be mainly made up of patients with severe dementia or the very elderly. These people would have been expected to die soon (and COVID just took them a bit earlier). If someone with severe dementia has to go into hospital after a fall, then they're at huge risk of dying 'with' COVID because they're probably going to catch the virus in the hospital.

It's quite heartening actually to see how supportive we are as a nation of old people getting vaccinated. My biggest objection to lockdown sceptics is that most seem to be advocating a kind of euthanasia by COVID where the elderly would effectively be sacrificed to allow the rest of us a normal life.

I would have preferred a herd immunity approach and safe effective shielding but it's just not possible to shield the huge numbers of clinically vulnerable people and the elderly from this virus especially with these new variants that have emerged.

Hopefully, this vaccine will allow us to get 'herd immunity' in an ethical way and get this country moving and get some f*cking proper beers in.

amen to that.

Stowwall

Not disputing this mate because I know they're not people that died today but where did you get that from.

Wippa

This is an interesting article on the excess deaths, worse since WW2 apparently. Well not so, taking in to consideration population growth and other things it’s the worse since 2008....

Covid: 2020 saw most excess deaths since World War Two https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-55631693

Bobwat

And back to some proper football TD

Kryan Bing

Haha.....I meant more to do with the whole experience kryan like getting to The Den...having a good chat and a curse....a few beers with the boys after...oh and the game aswell.

Actually, you're right, mate. All that is proper Football.