Greggs gone to Derby

Eamon Dunphys tackle

Maybe he feels we can be more productive from midfield with the addition of Keiftenbeld and Evans.
They both look capable from distance as I we struggle to hurt teams by trying to play through them.

Rhino

Agreed Kev GR started ok with the Zulus, did less well at Derby, fucking dreadful at Stoke and even worse still here. He’s a helter skelter manager going round and round in circles and getting lower and lower and lower. (and dizzy) he gotta go we are much worse now than when he arrived
He finished 4th and 6th with Burton. Went to Brum and got sacked whilst in 7th, went to Derby and finished 6th, went to a sinking club in Stoke and only got half a season as he was sacked with the club mid table. Not a bad record. The season before Rowett came in we finished 21st and he came in and got us up to 8th, our best position for 18 years. I can't see how we are in a worse position than before he arrived. Let's at least give him this season as we aren't even that far off top half!

kevrelles

He finished 4th and 6th with Burton. Went to Brum and got sacked whilst in 7th, went to Derby and finished 6th, went to a sinking club in Stoke and only got half a season as he was sacked with the club mid table. Not a bad record. The season before Rowett came in we finished 21st and he came in and got us up to 8th, our best position for 18 years. I can't see how we are in a worse position than before he arrived. Let's at least give him this season as we aren't even that far off top half!
Yes give him this season to take us down.fucks sake it's staring us in the face yet people still want him here

silverlion

He was a great servant and he gave his all for the club and moved on to fresh pastures. Sadly, he can't get a game for Stoke for love nor money. He can't even make the bench. He is 33 in August and his contract ends this summer so he is keen to get a contract somewhere and he needs to be in the shop window so that others can see if he is worth one somewhere else. It seems unlikely that Stoke will offer him a new contract.
Derby come in for him on loan and he would be a fool to turn it down. Whether he has still got what it takes to make or score goals is anybody's guess. What you can be certain of is that he will run the channels, pull his marker wide and try hard to create chances for his teammates. Would he have been tempted to come back to us? That's doubtful as the very reason he moved north is to be close to his beloved Sheffield. He has a young family and wants to be part of their lives and driving three of four hours up and down the M1 several times a week to play for us would not have been a pleasant prospect.
So, good luck Lee. Our memories of you and all you gave to us burn brightly but you cannot turn the clock back. I hope that it all works out well but time and tide are not on your side.

whiskylion

He was a great servant and he gave his all for the club and moved on to fresh pastures. Sadly, he can't get a game for Stoke for love nor money. He can't even make the bench. He is 33 in August and his contract ends this summer so he is keen to get a contract somewhere and he needs to be in the shop window so that others can see if he is worth one somewhere else. It seems unlikely that Stoke will offer him a new contract.
Derby come in for him on loan and he would be a fool to turn it down. Whether he has still got what it takes to make or score goals is anybody's guess. What you can be certain of is that he will run the channels, pull his marker wide and try hard to create chances for his teammates. Would he have been tempted to come back to us? That's doubtful as the very reason he moved north is to be close to his beloved Sheffield. He has a young family and wants to be part of their lives and driving three of four hours up and down the M1 several times a week to play for us would not have been a pleasant prospect.
So, good luck Lee. Our memories of you and all you gave to us burn brightly but you cannot turn the clock back. I hope that it all works out well but time and tide are not on your side.
He couldn't get a game for Stoke, Silver, because he has been out most of the season injured...

Peckham Lion

Why would he come back here? He went back up North to be nearer home.
I reckon he's done well on the money side by moving up there, Stoke and Derby will more pay than us. Good luck to him for getting a few nice pay days, not bad for a bloke that worked on building sites less than 20 year ago. He was released by Sheffield united academy but carried on playing in the non league whilst still grafting. We were his first league club when he signed, he was 26!

Let Rooney take him if he wants, i doubt it'll help keep him in a job if it's goals that he wants. He did next to nothing at Stoke whilst playing alongside decent players, fell out of favour and not even making the bench. Anyone else coming back to us at that age and with a very poor goal return would be deemed a wage thief and the manger that signed him, a clueless cunt.

I noticed Rooney's quote that Gregory was a player that he wanted to sign personally and was not suggested by the recruitment team. He's is a personal fan and he went out of his way to get him himself. Sounds familiar!

Ian Holloway- 1996, 97,98,99,2000,01,02,03,04,05,06,07,08,09,10,11,12,13,14,15,16,17,18,19,2020,,,,,

Peckham Lion

He couldn't get a game for Stoke, Silver, because he has been out most of the season injured...
If it's the locked knee injury, it kept him out for less than 2 weeks. It's around the same time there new bloke took over, he never played much after O'Neill took over.

whiskylion

If it's the locked knee injury, it kept him out for less than 2 weeks. It's around the same time there new bloke took over, he never played much after O'Neill took over.
No my mate at Stoke told me a little while back. October, I think. He did both groins at Sheffield Weds. Very nasty.