GR

BigPaul

Following Danny Mac's promising performances, it would have been easy for him to take some credit by saying something like, "Yeah, I knew the boy was great, and it was nothing more than I expected"

He didn't say that. Instead he said, "I took a risk with Danny. Completely different opposition from Saturday in the cup, but I'm delighted with his performance against a very good side"

Just a subtle difference, but left all the credit with the player.
How refreshing.

kevrelles

Following Danny Mac's promising performances, it would have been easy for him to take some credit by saying something like, "Yeah, I knew the boy was great, and it was nothing more than I expected"

He didn't say that. Instead he said, "I took a risk with Danny. Completely different opposition from Saturday in the cup, but I'm delighted with his performance against a very good side"

How refreshing.
Can't argue that

Bexleyheath_lion

How refreshing.

And Smith scoring with his first touch. Not taking credit for that.

Also - when pointed out we probably should have won, to state we dominated the game on balance of chances, as opposed to balance of play. A very well spoken manager.

Bring 3 players in this window and play like last night more often than not - we will be top half no problem

kevrelles

Just watched that interview too, he let slip that Cooper and Leonard were two of the players to have had Covid and that they have been struggling a bit to regain their fitness.
So maybe the Coventry performance was a blip and last night is more of what we are really about, I hope so.
2 games on the spin Cooper was lucky not to be sent off. He needs to have a word with him.
Well let's see if Gr sticks with Dan this Saturday, he fucking should do.

norwichmark

How refreshing.
Spot on mate, he must truly rate Danny to put him into such a tough fixture. Congratulations to both of them. Hopefully confidence is slowly coming back into the team. No Burey last night?

norwichmark

Agree, but the 1st booking was the Ref making a point at Jake’s expense, never a booking. He was lucky to get away with the 2nd booking, stupid!

Leonard unlucky to get booked for losing his footing.
Thought that was so harsh, he obviously slipped, try controlling your actions when you lose your feet.

whiskylion

Just watched that interview too, he let slip that Cooper and Leonard were two of the players to have had Covid and that they have been struggling a bit to regain their fitness.
So maybe the Coventry performance was a blip and last night is more of what we are really about, I hope so.
Leonard didn't start v Coventry. We had a masterclass from Williams instead.

Cooper came close to scoring a hat-rick of own-goals in that game. No surprise with that news.

Bobwat

2 games on the spin Cooper was lucky not to be sent off. He needs to have a word with him.
In the first 15 minutes their number 8 was trying it on with Jake in their box for a corner. Jake put him well and truly in his place and he disappeared after that. Good on him but as you say he just needs to be a bit careful. Rather he was like that than a streak of piss with an Alice band..!

lottwall

GR made good decisions last night , both with the starting team and the subs he made. the team and him did well last night. I still think he is a creep though !

kevrelles

GR made good decisions last night , both with the starting team and the subs he made. the team and him did well last night. I still think he is a creep though !
Legs hope he don't resort to type on Saturday. No fucking tinkering

whiskylion

He didn't substitute by numbers and actually reacted to the game situation.

Having said that, Parrott would have had been given the crook from me at half-time.

DensLions

He didn't substitute by numbers and actually reacted to the game situation.

Having said that, Parrott would have had been given the crook from me at half-time.
I don't know about making a decision whether to keep Zohore it is Parrott whose loan we should be cancelling.

teltin

He should stick with Dan I bet he does not he will probably play Romeo Saturday otherwise he might be accused of racism from Romeo.