Good piece on Jed

Gaeilge Millwall

That is a good read, I have always thought that what he wants, he would like with us.

Imagine........ this time next year we are talking about the start of the premier, and we are in it
You never know .........👆👆👆

whiskylion

I think that he is pouring out his heart to us before he moves for nothing next season, I can’t see him signing a new contract when there is one big payday on his next move. I can’t blame him, as most of us would like a big payday before we retire. I hope that I am wrong, but I don’t think so.
Yep.

Sounds like a valedictory address given 11 months early...

kevrelles

LeonC

Am I the only one that thinks the club should take control here, yes he deserves a pay day but so does the club in terms of a return on their investment.

I cannot understand why the club are not saying sign an extension of one year and we will pay you a percentage of the sale. In that scenario everyone’s wins if he decides he wants out during or at the end of the season.

I personally think this route he and the club are taking is a dangerous one, several bad performances on the trot and we know only too well how the crowd will turn and blame his lack of commitment.

Furthermore I also think and have believed for sometime now he has inhibited Mahoney’s game time barring injuries.

We must have the worst record in the football league for sale on value with players, if he was at say Peterborough he’d of been sold for multiple millions of pounds already.

Yes he’s a good player at this level but one player should not be in a position to dictate that he can walk away on a free in 10 months time whilst demanding he get picked every week.

For those also questioning why Smith doesn’t get picked, well he never will whilst Jed, is dictating how we setup because GR knows Smith will get zero service with Jed, playing wide.

Transfer list him now I say and thank you for your service and memories.

Bromleywalltj

Far play to Jed saying that, I've seen many players just going through the motions giving nothing but at least we know he'll be putting 100% into every game and if he does move on for nothing I wish him all the best it's a short career hence he deserves one big opportunity to provide comfortably for his family and maybe he knows that certain clubs will take a chance on him if they haven't got to pay out for him so let's hope he'll be busting a gut to put himself out there. Good luck to him.

Life with the Lions

If, and it’s a very big if, we were to secure promotion to the Prem at the end of this coming season, I think it would be a no brainer for Jed to sign a new contract with the club!

If he was to sign a two or possibly three year contract, his performances on the pitch will determine if another Prem club comes in for him, regardless of whether we get relegated or not.

Happened with Cas in our second year of being in the old First Division, so no reason to think that a Prem side like Southampton, who usually remain rooted in the lower half of the table all season, couldn’t come in and make a bid for him, especially if we ourselves are performing badly and relegation threatens!

lottwall

If Watford sell their winger Sarr to Liverpool , which is being mentioned for 35mill , then I could see them taking Jed for Fraction of the price say 5mill ?

LeonC

One player dictating to a club, sorry doesn’t sit well with me, no different to when Fred did it.

Plenty of players down the years that desperately didn’t want to be sold but had to go.

Transfer list him and see who comes calling.

SEL

That's great and all and I am sure Jed does give 100%, but if he doesn't sign the club has to make the choice of cashing in.
As it is right now it appears we are happy to let him run down his contract in return for what? Promotion, doubtful. Staying up, probably.
I think we would survive without Jed and would prefer the money. We might not finish as high as expected but I think we have enough to stay in this league without Jed.
The worst outcome here is he plays terrible for the first half of the season and then we renew his contract and he under performs for the rest of it.

Bexleyheath_lion

Is he gonna really give everything? Sun consciously at the back of his mind without the security of a contract, he’ll risk injury will he? He’s media savvy, trying to keep the fans onside - Leon has the right idea

champs08

He’s a player that gives his all every game. Give the bloke some slack. It’s a footballers career.

You never know, he might be able to play for us in the prem. as an impact sub.

LeonC

He’s a player that gives his all every game. Give the bloke some slack. It’s a footballers career.

You never know, he might be able to play for us in the prem. as an impact sub.
The club have cut him some slack, they have offered him a better terms contract and he’s not signed, whilst the likes of Smith and Pearce have signed reduced contracts. Why doesn’t he cut the club some slack by either accepting the offer or handing in a transfer request in a timely manner so both the player and the club can get what they want and need.

I don’t doubt he gives 100% every game but I do doubt some of his performances at times as I do all Wall players.

As I said in my earlier post theirs been many a Wall player that didn’t want to leave the club but was sacrificed to either balance the books or bring someone else in.

I would be happy if he signed a one year extension to his current contract, leaving both the club and himself the opportunity to mutually part waves next summer where both parties benefit.

Having a player winding down his contract but most probably getting picked every game sends the wrong signal through the dressing room. Take Smith, loves being at the club, gives his all, scores goals when serviced (ironically not when Jed I can’t cross a ball) is playing, is told here’s a one year contract and by the way we need you to take a pay cut as well. I am as sure as can be that Smith whilst in his twilight years could of got a deal elsewhere on better money and possibly a two year deal. He didn’t he accepted the reduced offer and from pre-season games to date and photos I’ve seen lost a few pounds and looks like he wants to prove a point.

Sorry but when any player no matter who they are refuses to sign a better deal they should be gone.

That article smacks of him getting on the offensive for the fans not to give him a hard time if things go well on the pitch because it has nothing to do with me leaving.

I personally hope GR takes the moral high ground and starts the season with him on the bench, gives Mahoney, Smith and Afobe a run of games and if results go well shape how things will work going forward.

A big fish in a little pond, well Jed there’s a big ocean out there, you tried it once with Wolves and when Nunez came in he saw right through your overall inabilities disguised by the inconsistent moments of flare.

Sort it out or get out !

Bromleywalltj

The club have cut him some slack, they have offered him a better terms contract and he’s not signed, whilst the likes of Smith and Pearce have signed reduced contracts. Why doesn’t he cut the club some slack by either accepting the offer or handing in a transfer request in a timely manner so both the player and the club can get what they want and need.

I don’t doubt he gives 100% every game but I do doubt some of his performances at times as I do all Wall players.

As I said in my earlier post theirs been many a Wall player that didn’t want to leave the club but was sacrificed to either balance the books or bring someone else in.

I would be happy if he signed a one year extension to his current contract, leaving both the club and himself the opportunity to mutually part waves next summer where both parties benefit.

Having a player winding down his contract but most probably getting picked every game sends the wrong signal through the dressing room. Take Smith, loves being at the club, gives his all, scores goals when serviced (ironically not when Jed I can’t cross a ball) is playing, is told here’s a one year contract and by the way we need you to take a pay cut as well. I am as sure as can be that Smith whilst in his twilight years could of got a deal elsewhere on better money and possibly a two year deal. He didn’t he accepted the reduced offer and from pre-season games to date and photos I’ve seen lost a few pounds and looks like he wants to prove a point.

Sorry but when any player no matter who they are refuses to sign a better deal they should be gone.

That article smacks of him getting on the offensive for the fans not to give him a hard time if things go well on the pitch because it has nothing to do with me leaving.

I personally hope GR takes the moral high ground and starts the season with him on the bench, gives Mahoney, Smith and Afobe a run of games and if results go well shape how things will work going forward.

A big fish in a little pond, well Jed there’s a big ocean out there, you tried it once with Wolves and when Nunez came in he saw right through your overall inabilities disguised by the inconsistent moments of flare.

Sort it out or get out !
Was gonna say a bit but changed to very harsh imo, always get the odd few.