Gary rowett

Poplar Lion

Rowett interview “I think Woodsy is the sort of player that he should set up chances and he should set up goals, even though he’s playing a holding role."

Going by that Woods is sitting deep due to the managers instruction in playing a holding role rather than as an attacking midfielder.
Personally, I'm not keen on Woods as he rarely affects a game but maybe it's not all his fault.

Ilderton Wanderer

Our current form and league position shows up some of the ridiculous threads and posts of a few weeks and months ago for what they were, over the top hysterical bollocks. I’ve got more respect for those that admit that they genuinely don’t like the bloke rather than those that would give Rowett personal abuse post after post, often before a ball was kicked, but now seem to have gone on the missing.

If it was down to them we would now be nervously studying the remaining fixtures and awaiting results from the likes of Wycombe and Rotherham every Saturday evening under the tutelage of a managerial dream team of Alan Dunne and Kevin Muscat. We would be losing matches and dropping points but at least we would be kicking other teams players showing a bit of ‘Pashun’.

I blame lions tv personally for the explosion of the faux outrage idiots and wanting a manager sacked every 12 months. Hopefully the strings new golfing YouTube shit takes off and he fucks off from Millwall for good. Fucking dickhead.

The German Herman

Our current form and league position shows up some of the ridiculous threads and posts of a few weeks and months ago for what they were, over the top hysterical bollocks. I’ve got more respect for those that admit that they genuinely don’t like the bloke rather than those that would give Rowett personal abuse post after post, often before a ball was kicked, but now seem to have gone on the missing.

If it was down to them we would now be nervously studying the remaining fixtures and awaiting results from the likes of Wycombe and Rotherham every Saturday evening under the tutelage of a managerial dream team of Alan Dunne and Kevin Muscat. We would be losing matches and dropping points but at least we would be kicking other teams players showing a bit of ‘Pashun’.

I blame lions tv personally for the explosion of the faux outrage idiots and wanting a manager sacked every 12 months. Hopefully the strings new golfing YouTube shit takes off and he fucks off from Millwall for good. Fucking dickhead.
He needs to be told he's not welcome at Millwall the wrong un, He wouldn't have lasted five minutes bitd, After everything he's alleged to have done the crying on Leeds TV should have seen him clumped for embarrassing us.

Poplar Lion

He does seem to have turned around a bit but the reality is that 2 wins in 19 league games would have done it for most managers, especially given how dire it has been to watch for most of the season, even the games where we have scraped wins or draws. I honestly believe that with fans in the stadium he would have been long gone.

partisan_lion

Think he has done alright.There are a couple of things that have bugged me,the style of play v trams like Wycombe and the Parrott and Zawhore deals,the other signings have worked out really well.
Putting Bennett and Jed up front has also worked favourably and considering they have near double the amount of goals combined than Bradshaw,Bod and Zawhore tells it own story.

Ilderton Wanderer

I wouldn’t blame Rowett too much for taking a chance on Parrot. The amount of times I used to read on here fans slating Harris about how we needed to loan promising young premier league strikers and most successful championship teams these days have at least one premier league loanee on the books.

If you had asked about last summer who was an up and coming star then Troy Parrot would have been top of most people in the game list, but as we know the proof of the pudding is in the eating and it looks like he isn’t the next Kane in the making at all. I think there’s a lot of people at Tottenham who are more surprised and disappointed than us at how his year has turned out.

markmwal953

GR has played the only way he could with a squad that has limited footballing nous , defend first as it is what we are good at ,the strike force is non existant ,last season when we were flying at Forest showed how well this system can work and we would of been in the play offs if not for covid, he had so many bouts of bad luck ,covid , injurys ect and has plodded along giving us a great season when you look at it honestly a top 10 finish is more than we could hope for our club ,he has signed some good players that with a couple of additions should be aiming for the top six next season .
His playing style is not that bad it is just the players are not good enough , Kieth and Evans also Bennett hopefully Malone plus Mitchell and Danny Mac are more suited to this than the old guard of Leonard Williams ect, Leonard had improved as many have under GR and playing alongside Mitchell and Kieth may see him finally reach the hights we had hoped for ,his move to the defence was a masterstroke where he looked very good ,a great player to have on the bench , GR likes players that can adjust or play in 2 positions .

LeonC

Rowett is doing a great job IMO. He inherited a team that only knew one system and style of play, but has slowly changed how we play and more importantly our game management. Yes I get and understand the negative views but all good teams are built from the back and our current form defensively puts us in the top three in the division.

The midfield is also coming together and with some additions in the summer, next season looks promising.

Let’s not forget we were one of the clubs decimated by COVID and we have had many injuries with one of the smallest squads in the division. With key players out not just with bumps and bruises he has got every last ounce out of most, whilst also giving a few of the academy a chance to prove themselves.

Bennett, Malone, Evans, Woods and Kief have definitely improved us, Parrott was always a gamble and Zohore wasn’t fully fit when he arrived and has since been out with two nasty injuries.

It’s also not he’s fault that he inherited Bodvarsson and Bradshaw on long contracts when he arrived, probably hampering any chance of funds to do anything in terms of signing a decent striker. His bid apparently fell well short on getting Kiefer Moore, but again that’s not his fault.

I for one hope he breaks the Millwall tradition by getting in 3 or 4 players at the start of the transfer window, so to have a squad bedded in before we go again.

COYL

STWall

He’s talking about getting 3-4 players in here: