Gary rowett

Poplar Lion

Just feel that with more positivity from him we'd be there abouts in a poor division. We're 2 points better off than at this stage last year and missed out by 2 points then although the cutoff is likely to be a few points higher this time. 3 or 4 of those draws turned into wins would have made the difference but we;ve sat back and defended against the likes of Wycombe, Birmingham and Rotherham.

norwichmark

I think he has done well, square pegs in round holes sometimes nursing players to get some time out of them too. Struggled with loads of injuries too. Think he has probably thought his way through this season and many people don’t like the way he has done it. On a very low budget, at the moment in a great position in the division albeit with 4 toughies coming up. Rowett take a bow , i am happy and have millwallesque expectations.

Secondwave

Just feel that with more positivity from him we'd be there abouts in a poor division. We're 2 points better off than at this stage last year and missed out by 2 points then although the cutoff is likely to be a few points higher this time. 3 or 4 of those draws turned into wins would have made the difference but we;ve sat back and defended against the likes of Wycombe, Birmingham and Rotherham.
I thought we completed a double over Rotherham!

PurleyLion

Cliche yes but football is a results business and it points that matter. Using that yardstick GR has to be commended for what he’s achieved this season with a limited squad badly impacted by injuries.

Like most I’d like to have seen more flowing football but given the choice of where we are now or 20 more goals but dicing with relegation l’d choose the former👍

whiskylion

Looks like the lack of a real good forward will leave us short. In the few he has played up front Bennett looks better than any of Bod Bradshaw Parrott or Zahore
Parrot today started upfront for Ipswich against a Rochdale side rooted to the bottom of there table with the worst defensive record in Div 3.

Result 0-0.

Neither team managed a shot on target.

Says all you need to know.

lottwall

He has turned us around recently , so credit has to be given for that. Whilst I don’t like him and never will , he is doing a decent job."................ I see Cardiff are 5 down at Sheffield Weds , Harris Out ?..

Reactions: SEL

Lionman

We can't criticise what he has done with a limited squad decimated by injuries to key players. Yes there are what ifs in terms of draws that could have been wins, but more points already than last year. Some sensible transfer dealing in the summer and who knows

CrawLion

But didn’t he buy Woods for £6m!
He did, and got 4 months in which to change their style of play to use him properly. You can argue all day about Woods price but the fact is that is not enough time to change things and get it working. imo

PurleyLion

He did, and got 4 months in which to change their style of play to use him properly. You can argue all day about Woods price but the fact is that is not enough time to change things and get it working. imo
I agree but they had some pretty useful players and perhaps the owners didn’t think he would get the best out of them.

Mind you, none of his replacements have either!

Kryan Bing

I thought we completed a double over Rotherham!

Indeed, we did. In fact, the games in question against Rotherham, Wycombe and Birmingham, fetched in 14 points from 18 (with just one goal conceded). I think, in reality, any damage from the points dropped against those three teams were just the two points dropped at home against Wycombe. The Birmingham match, 0-0 away earlier in the season was a hard game.

DensLions

There are also 2 games we lost but should have won. That would have given us another 6 points. The Blackburn game we lost 3-2 but should have had 3 or 4 penalties and the QPR game we were leading 2-0 but poor defending in the second half gave them 3 goals to win the game.