Gary Rowett now clear favourite

LionsMet

I would like us to experience the Premiership, if only for the one season; it would let those clubs that haven’t had the pleasure of a Wall visit know what they’ve been missing! I was fortunate enough to experience every match home and away the season we got promoted to what was the old First Division, and the two seasons whilst up there! It would be nice for those that didn’t experience it, especially the youngsters, to have that pleasure once in their lifetime. Also, if the Chairman played it right, both he and club could be secure for years to come! Get the right appointment now and anything is possible!
Spot on. My opinion also.

Peckham is right in what he is saying as perseptions are different throughout the ages.
Me, I want to see us at the top flight & like you say, even if it was once. Just show some ambition & atleast show us the fans & players that the intention is to be the best we can be.

Don't know much about him, but he wasted a lot of money at Stoke. Lots of over-the-hill pros signed on big wages didn't perform. Perhaps he only did that because he has given a big budget and was under pressure to get results quickly. I don't know.

I still think it's a pity Harris walked. He was the perfect fit for us. Perhaps the pressure got to him. Playing percentage football and relying on nicking a set-piece goal now and then doesn't really set pulses racing. If he'd chanced his arm a bit and gone for a few games then perhaps he would still be here.

Anyway, he's gone and I haven't a clue who would be a good replacement. Hughton? He was sacked for trying to keep it tight and setting up for draws. Not much different to Harris then.

Moody

I’m s

I’m sure there would be a lot of managers who would be very happy to show a future employer/chairman a CV with Harris’ successes listed in their first four and a half years of management!
Gaining promotion was success. I just wouldn’t describe it as impressive, given the fact we had the best strike pairing outside the top half of the Championship and had the second biggest budget, yet just about scrapped into the playoffs. That’s all.

It was definitely the strangest promotion I’ve ever experienced. Promotion by numbers almost. No panache or expansive football. I remember that Oxford United game, how he set us up not to lose again, as he was panicking about missing out - a 3-0 defeat ensued.

I’ll tell you what, if chairmen want a lucky manager, then Neil Harris is certainly their man. How those other clubs conspired to let us sneak into 6th I’ll never know. How Bradford City didn’t grab that late equaliser to set up extra time against a Millwall devoid of any attacking threat after he removed them to protect a 1-0 lead I’ll never know.

Gaining promotion was success. I just wouldn’t describe it as impressive, given the fact we had the best strike pairing outside the top half of the Championship and had the second biggest budget, yet just about scrapped into the playoffs. That’s all.

It was definitely the strangest promotion I’ve ever experienced. Promotion by numbers almost. No panache or expansive football. I remember that Oxford United game, how he set us up not to lose again, as he was panicking about missing out - a 3-0 defeat ensued.

I’ll tell you what, if chairmen want a lucky manager, then Neil Harris is certainly their man. How those other clubs conspired to let us sneak into 6th I’ll never know. How Bradford City didn’t grab that late equaliser to set up extra time against a Millwall devoid of any attacking threat after he removed them to protect a 1-0 lead I’ll never know.
His caution was his downfall.

Peckham Lion

Don't know much about him, but he wasted a lot of money at Stoke. Lots of over-the-hill pros signed on big wages didn't perform. Perhaps he only did that because he has given a big budget and was under pressure to get results quickly. I don't know.
Well, he wouldn't have that problem with us, it may even benefit him if he has to get the best out of what we have. No doubts that Stoke wanted to bounce straight back, hence the gambling they did. I don't think he had much to chuck about at Birmingham and he didn't do badly.

Well, he wouldn't have that problem with us, it may even benefit him if he has to get the best out of what we have. No doubts that Stoke wanted to bounce straight back, hence the gambling they did. I don't think he had much to chuck about at Birmingham and he didn't do badly.
Indeed. He was sacked when they were just off the play-offs if I recall. I would be happy with him or Hughton. Unfortunately there are some 'bigger' jobs out there so we might miss out. Personally I would rather take a chance on a lower league manager than go for one of the 'sofa brigade' like Holloway.

Peckham Lion

He was sacked when they were just off the play-offs if I recall.
Birmingham were a complete basket case at the time, went through a lot managers in a short period.
I would be happy with him or Hughton. Unfortunately there are some 'bigger' jobs out there so we might miss out.
I think Hughton fancies himself and will wait for something bigger, wages and budget wise.
Personally I would rather take a chance on a lower league manager than go for one of the 'sofa brigade' like Holloway.
They would certainly be keen to succeed at a higher level which may be a plus. Fuck the likes of Holloway and other journeymen managers. They have no incentive and a job lined up at fucking sky sports when it goe's tits up.

Have you seen his recent interview yet?